HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot View Post
You may have your Ail and Ele Pitc Gains set too low. Try increasing both gains until you see the heli twitch or oscillate. When you see this occur, back off the gains a little bit until it stops. The heli will feel a lot more locked in and not so sluggish or disconnected when you input a stick command.

It's important to make sure these gains are properly set before making any adjustments in the Performance tab of the software.
I was able to set the gains to maximum without it ever getting the shakes. It did seem to "lean" faintly in piros though and I had to drop it one tick on the dial down from maximum to eliminate this.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 10, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:38 PM
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
I have them set at the 2 o clock position. The heli response is very fast but it just doesn't feel as natural to me. I will drop the roll rates to 21 but should I increase agility from 1600 to a higher setting or decrease?
Increase the cyclic gains and drop the agility.
PhantomLeg is offline Find More Posts by PhantomLeg
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:06 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeg View Post
Increase the cyclic gains and drop the agility.
If piro comp isn't keeping it from sliding during piros you need more cyclic gain. It should hang there like it's on a flagpole as it spins around. Too much cyclic gain can cause it to "lean" slightly in the direction of the piro.

Blades can also have an impact on stability. I recently hit a steel basketball pole with my 500 and destroyed the Tarot blades I've been using for months now. I put on a set of Hobbycool blades I had laying around as backups and the helicopter became much more twitchy and agile (I don't like this). The Tarot blades have a wood spar surrounded by foam and CF while the Hobbycool ones are foam core and CF (if they are like the 325 ones I've used before). I think the Tarot blades might have had a slightly different profile as well. In any case I have some RJX FBL blades coming to replace them which will improve stability (FBL blades are weighted a bit more toward the ends)
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:28 PM
RobirdUSA.com
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
If piro comp isn't keeping it from sliding during piros you need more cyclic gain. It should hang there like it's on a flagpole as it spins around. Too much cyclic gain can cause it to "lean" slightly in the direction of the piro.

Blades can also have an impact on stability. I recently hit a steel basketball pole with my 500 and destroyed the Tarot blades I've been using for months now. I put on a set of Hobbycool blades I had laying around as backups and the helicopter became much more twitchy and agile (I don't like this). The Tarot blades have a wood spar surrounded by foam and CF while the Hobbycool ones are foam core and CF (if they are like the 325 ones I've used before). I think the Tarot blades might have had a slightly different profile as well. In any case I have some RJX FBL blades coming to replace them which will improve stability (FBL blades are weighted a bit more toward the ends)
You're eaxctly right about the blades. FBL blades are weighted further outwards than FB blades. Beyond that though, FBL blades can come in different total weights depending on whether you want a "stick banger" blade or a stable blade.

When you buy Mavrikk G5 blades for example, they come in a matched set and the blade weights are printed on the carton. You can pick out the weight of the blades you want for a faster or slower response.
SDHeliPilot is offline Find More Posts by SDHeliPilot
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
767 Posts
"Beenflying" I sent you a PM
Thanks
Kerry
Helitime is offline Find More Posts by Helitime
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:53 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Sorry for the delay, Kerry. I've just replied to your PM .
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
Bucharest, Romanaia
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Gain on the chanel

Do the gain settings from the TX works ?

I put the ail and ele gain on channels 7 and 8 and change the gain from a 3 pos switch (JR 9303), this is on the first setup screen, I use a Spektrum RX.

I feel no difference between several settings. I didn't touched the analog dials.

Do these settings really work ?

On helifreak somebody have the same problem:
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=16

I am amazed that after so much time and systems sold nobody can answer this question (in fact that nobody researched this feature). I think is a great feature to completely bypass the analog dials and set the gain in a reliable, reproducible way.
costelior is offline Find More Posts by costelior
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:59 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by costelior View Post
Do the gain settings from the TX works ?

I put the ail and ele gain on channels 7 and 8 and change the gain from a 3 pos switch (JR 9303), this is on the first setup screen, I use a Spektrum RX.

I feel no difference between several settings. I didn't touched the analog dials.

Do these settings really work ?

On helifreak somebody have the same problem:
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=16

I am amazed that after so much time and systems sold nobody can answer this question (in fact that nobody researched this feature). I think is a great feature to completely bypass the analog dials and set the gain in a reliable, reproducible way.
I can confirm that settings the gain settings in the Tx works - however you can only use this feature if you use a satelite rather than an Rx
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:05 PM
Bucharest, Romanaia
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Sorry, I was not clear, I use a Spektrum satelite. Did you play with different gains ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
I can confirm that settings the gain settings in the Tx works - however you can only use this feature if you use a satelite rather than an Rx
costelior is offline Find More Posts by costelior
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:18 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by costelior View Post
Sorry, I was not clear, I use a Spektrum satelite. Did you play with different gains ?
Yes, I also use Spektrum. I set up my Aux 2 switch for both AIL and ELE gain the you can set the gains that you want using EPAs on the Aux 2 channel, from memory you have to set the Aux 2 setting to Gear.

I then changed the gains until I was getting some cyclic wobble and turned it back a few clicks
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:28 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
844 Posts
ZYX-s or Robird G31?

I'm getting ready to order a controller. These two seem like the ones to go with. But which one?

I'm going to use it on a 450pro clone with HS-65 cyclics and Futaba s9257 tail. I'm just a sport flyer, no 3D.

Thoughts?

( I've also posted this inquiry in the ZYX thread. )
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:25 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
ZYX-s or Robird G31?

I'm getting ready to order a controller. These two seem like the ones to go with. But which one?

I'm going to use it on a 450pro clone with HS-65 cyclics and Futaba s9257 tail. I'm just a sport flyer, no 3D.

Thoughts?

( I've also posted this inquiry in the ZYX thread. )
I think the robird has the advantage as far as price/features ratio. Vib analysis, built in gov, phase sensor included, 2 sat adapters included, for $93 shipped from the USA.

If you just want a no frills gyro that will fly good, the zyx will do fine. But to use a sat you need a sat adapter (none are included). Of course you can use a standard rx with either of them. Not sure where to buy in the US but they're like $60 from hobbyking.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:17 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,035 Posts
I don't have a ZYX-s but I have 3 ZYXs and 2 G31s, I started with the ZYXs about a year ago and I'm very happy with them, great value for money and they fly really well, great support from Tarot releasing new software and things like Bluetooth connectivity, Android apps etc..

I got my first G31 about 3 - 4 months ago and that is excellent as well, some really nice features like the vibe analysis, built in governor etc, with adaptors for the sats + governor sensor included, however most importantly for me I prefer the way that it flies.

You won't be disappointed with either, both excellent units IMHO
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:10 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,325 Posts
Pinout for RS/GainPitAx to FUT receiver Ch5/ch6

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by costasp but still the sensor needs power to work. so G31 top pin (white) is for sensor and I use my bat to power the sensor (red and black hobbywing), if I understand correct. Costas
Quote:
Nope, do not give power to the sensor, just plug it in there with all the 3 wires attached..
Altough I have a ALZRC 3GY 2.0 sensor and because I don't have any Srx cables I have to wire it using the Futaba wiring.

I'm really missing something on the RS/GainPitAx lead; top and middle wire plugged into top and middle > top (signal) from sensor to top (signal) on receiver ch5. Now does the RS/GainPitAx middle lead from sensor go to the receiver middle lead on the receiver ch6 or the top signal pin?
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:31 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
620 Posts
who has the best deal on these gyros right now? i thought someone on here was a dealer?
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels