HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:22 PM
Joined Apr 2011
16 Posts
Thanks,

So tab 7 (servo limits) is used to set max servo throw on - & + collective?

Tab 8 is to check if the swash binds at full collective with AIL and ELE, if it does then reduce the ring?

The ring is now from default settings 16 to 8.8 AIL and 8.0 ELE.
Lighty is offline Find More Posts by Lighty
Last edited by Lighty; Dec 11, 2012 at 04:40 AM. Reason: ring detail
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:22 AM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
238 Posts
Hi,
Quite sometime I didn't post here. Btw, I just take one video of my flight using robird g31. As soon finish upload will post here.
zhnme523 is offline Find More Posts by zhnme523
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,084 Posts
Warp360/Robird G31

I got some more flights in, can't get the mainshaft vibs below 700,I think it is the shaft to hub fit is a little loose(Compass is sending replacements).I had to tame all the settings as the cyclic was extremely fast and tail.Very impressive cyclic feel and handling.I'm going to put a Ikon on after I get the vibs reduced.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
Getting ready to mount a g31 on my mini titan v2, and was reading the vibration related comments in this thread that are related to the supplied foam mounting tape.

I see that folks are using 3m 4010 tape - I've got 3 different 3m double sided tapes, and none are the clear 4010. I do have quite a lot if the exterior version of this tape though - 3m 4011.

It's this stuff:

I've used it for about everything you can imagine and I'm wondering if it would be good for mounting the g31. It does have some vibe damping characteristics to it, but I can't compare it to the 4010. I do know that you can actually tape servos down (no screws at all) in 1/10 scale cars with this stuff - and they won't move, lol.

Anyone tried it? Comments?

Edit: I'm gonna try it anyways. I've got a pile of different tapes, but this is the firmest.
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Last edited by DudeInMyrtleBch; Dec 11, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Getting ready to mount a g31 on my mini titan v2, and was reading the vibration related comments in this thread that are related to the supplied foam mounting tape.

I see that folks are using 3m 4010 tape - I've got 3 different 3m double sided tapes, and none are the clear 4010. I do have quite a lot if the exterior version of this tape though - 3m 4011.

It's this stuff:

I've used it for about everything you can imagine and I'm wondering if it would be good for mounting the g31. It does have some vibe damping characteristics to it, but I can't compare it to the 4010. I do know that you can actually tape servos down (no screws at all) in 1/10 scale cars with this stuff - and they won't move, lol.

Edit: I'm gonna try it anyways. I've got a pile of different tapes, but this is the firmest.
I don't think anyone uses just the clear double-sided tape on it's own, if that's what you meant. I use the 3M "Scotch" permanent mounting tape. Most of these small controllers seem to work best with firm tape, so that giant roll of tape in your picture should keep you mounted for decades to come!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
238 Posts
My flight using Robird G31. Tail still need more work. Cyclic also a bit sloppy.
Trex Pro 450 V1 wt Robird G31 (3 min 51 sec)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:55 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post

It's this stuff:

That Grey 4011 is exactly what I use - I have 8 different FBL helis using it
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhnme523 View Post
My flight using Robird G31. Tail still need more work. Cyclic also a bit sloppy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0h_p...ature=youtu.be
Your camera must be broken. I did not see any of the slop you mention; only great flying!
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:34 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhnme523 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0h_p...ature=youtu.be
Hi Zaihan. Great flying, as always.

How does the G31 and FBL head compare to the Bell/Hiller FB head?

If you manage to get the tail on the 450 working well, please let us know what settings you have used. Currently I can't get rid of my 450's stop bounce, on CCW stop.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Your camera must be broken. I did not see any of the slop you mention; only great flying!
hahha,
slop on cyclic abit when doing piro flip; it's countering my stick and suddently go left although i was lining it up. maybe need expo or smething. tail bit slop also but no bounce. need to put more gain. i'm tune it up later on and do more video.

thanks dr.m and beenflying

I'm still like my fb head. It work like charm in all condition. FBL still need to tune up to match up with my fb head. In term of cyclic, i think zyx perform better but tail in robird much easier.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
That's very interesting. When you were using the ZYX, were you using v3.5. They did a big change to the tail in this firmware. It now uses the rate tail center as a means of asymmetry, so the tail acts the same in both directions.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
Toy Flyer
Flying Field, Work Bench
Joined Mar 2004
601 Posts
Initial setup error

Converting Protos to FBL using G31. RX is Futaba S.Bus. First setup step (0 Receiver) worked perfectly. Second setup step (1 Servo) entered. Third setup step (2 Swashtype) entered, but servos do not move. Exit setup back to "Welcome" panel, and servos follow TX inputs. Really weird!!! Downloaded latest software before starting setup.

So why do servos not respone during setup? Note that all indicator lights are out during flawed operation, but status light is correct when at "Welcome" panel or whenever not in setup mode.

Fly safe, Glover
glover is online now Find More Posts by glover
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
16 Posts
Servos only move in step 4. Step three the servos only go up as the GUI detects up or down.
Lighty is offline Find More Posts by Lighty
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:56 PM
Toy Flyer
Flying Field, Work Bench
Joined Mar 2004
601 Posts
If I cannot see movement, then how do I know how to reverse any given servo? (Note that I just did a ZYX as my first FBL and the servos moved during all setup panels.)

Fly safe, Glover
glover is online now Find More Posts by glover
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
That's very interesting. When you were using the ZYX, were you using v3.5. They did a big change to the tail in this firmware. It now uses the rate tail center as a means of asymmetry, so the tail acts the same in both directions.
I'm using old type, not update the firmware. My zyx is sitting duck in my box right now. hahha