HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:01 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
The vibe log on the Robird showed me vibes on my electric helicopters would never have known about otherwise. At this point I don't know how I could live without a vibe log.
Same here, it saves so much time and it's gets easier to chase down vibs after using it!
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:27 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
The vibe log on the Robird showed me vibes on my electric helicopters would never have known about otherwise. At this point I don't know how I could live without a vibe log.
Finger on the tail fin works for me - but maybe a Robird is in my future just so's I can calibrate my finger!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Finger on the tail fin works for me - but maybe a Robird is in my future just so's I can calibrate my finger!
Putting your hand that close to a spooled up 500 is just asking to loose body parts.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:46 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,820 Posts
Note I stated that most helis here were 450 class electrics . This is the Mini Electri Heli Forum.

A 500 is not a Mini. , finger on tail boom near rear rotor is safe if one is careful and if one is not careful then has no business with a electri heli latger than a Micro such as a mCPX,IMO.

I still say there should be no vibs in the first place. Learn to balance mains,tail blades,motors and heli will be smooth enough that vibs are not an issue.

Note Do not used JB Weld to mount gyro to heli frmae.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
The funny thing is that yesterday, when my #2 450 threw a tail grip in flight, the resulting vibration was severe and the out of balance load on the tail rotor shaft ( admittedly a soft HK one) was enough to bend it about 3/8". Yet my CX FBL controller continued to work, and I was able to land in throttle hold. That would have been a pretty big spike in a vibration log!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Note I stated that most helis here were 450 class electrics . This is the Mini Electri Heli Forum.

A 500 is not a Mini. , finger on tail boom near rear rotor is safe if one is careful and if one is not careful then has no business with a electri heli latger than a Micro such as a mCPX,IMO.
This is where the Robird G31 thread is located however. It makes no sense to have separate Robird threads for each helicopter size. It would make more sense to move this thread to a more general forum instead.

Quote:

I still say there should be no vibs in the first place. Learn to balance mains,tail blades,motors and heli will be smooth enough that vibs are not an issue.

As long as nothing ever catches fire you don't need a smoke alarm. Houses should never catch fire in the first place.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Dec 02, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:35 PM
RobirdUSA.com
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
RobirdUSA distributor website

OK gentlemen, I have my website up and running: www.RobirdUSA.com

Stop on by and let me know what you think!
SDHeliPilot is offline Find More Posts by SDHeliPilot
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:55 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot View Post

Very nice! Congrats and best of luck with your new business!
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:29 AM
Toy Flyer
Flying Field, Work Bench
Joined Mar 2004
609 Posts
Where?

I give up... on your web site, where are links to manual and software?
glover is offline Find More Posts by glover
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
I give up... on your web site, where are links to manual and software?
Manula in .rar ????
Why is it a pdf symbol?
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:45 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot View Post

I think you should feature the product, along with any accessories, and their prices, front and center. Then ordering one would be turned into a single click, rather than a user needing to learn how to navigate to the product.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:37 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:

[...]

Note Do not used JB Weld to mount gyro to heli frmae.
LOLz
That would definitely be an interesting experiment. I'd love to see the results of hardmounting, if someone tried a Silverline VBar, or MSH Brain, both of which have excellent vibration filtering.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that rate mode just doesn't work very well on this gyro with the current software. No matter what settings I used either the CCW stop would be too hard or the CW stop would be too soft and nothing I did could fix this. I finally just gave up and centered the slider and now the stops in both directions are similar.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,918 Posts
Yes, the tail still needs some work, on the G31. It definitely lacks torque compensation (symmetry in the vBar). They also need to add some sort of pitch boost, as well. Now that I have flown the G31, ZYX and BeastX on the 450, I still prefer ZYX and BeastX. It's close, so I'm still hopeful the G31 can take the lead, but what I'm saying is that robird can't just sit back now and leave things as they are. They still have some work to do, and they need to be more involved, like the developers of the MSH Brain/Ikon are.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Yes, the tail still needs some work, on the G31. It definitely lacks torque compensation (symmetry in the vBar). They also need to add some sort of pitch boost, as well. Now that I have flown the G31, ZYX and BeastX on the 450, I still prefer ZYX and BeastX. It's close, so I'm still hopeful the G31 can take the lead, but what I'm saying is that robird can't just sit back now and leave things as they are. They still have some work to do, and they need to be more involved, like the developers of the MSH Brain/Ikon are.
As long as the pitch is centered it's acceptable in headlock mode. Rate mode also works fine if it's flying in rate mode. But if you have rate mode set up you'll never get headlock mode set right because it'll always stop too hard on CCW and too soft on CW.

I also don't understand why they recommend setting pitch travel to the maximum possible when setting it over 100% causes stop bounce to get noticeably worse.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Dec 03, 2012 at 06:12 PM.