HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:43 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netmav View Post
Ohh, and I forgot to mention that I'm running an Align DS520 rudder servo on my HK450PRO V2 FBL...
What gain do you have set ? I heard of someone having a similar problem when they had 0 or very low gain
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
What gain do you have set ? I heard of someone having a similar problem when they had 0 or very low gain
Thanks Mike!
Changed the gain settings, and that solved it!

But now I have another problem, with the cyclic servos.
I did the setup in the software, and they were looking good.
Then I powered off the G31, and when I powered it up again, the cyclic servos didn't move. It's like theres no power to them, because if I push the servo horn with my finger, there is no resistance?

So, I went ahead and did a reset of the G31, and ran through the entire setup again.
Then the cyclic servos started to work again.
So I thought I'd disconnect the power for a minute, and try again..
Once again, the cyclic servos are dead..

A new reset, and a reconfig later has them working again, but as soon as I disconnect the power and reconnect it, the servos stops working??

Any idea what might cause this?
I've tried setting the servos to both 250MHz and 333MHz, but it still happens..
Cyclic servos are: Turnigy TGY-306G Ultra Fast/High Torque MG

Thanks again.

\Martin
netmav is offline Find More Posts by netmav
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Go back to the first page where you set up and can see your stick inputs.
And make sure the bar under rudder gain is working on what ever switch you have. Mine was disabled by default. Once active, Your rudder should work.
Blue Light on is headholding mode. Red is rate mode.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Does the robird have green light on while your trying to move it? That's its boot up phase. And normally nothing works till it goes to solid blue.

I had an issue like your with a gy520 gyro. My servo didn't work till I unplugged the servo from it then plugged it back in.
If the Gyro finished initalizing and the servos don't move. Try unplugging one and plugging it back in. If that one works. Then it could be a prob with the Robird.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mike!

Then I powered off the G31, and when I powered it up again, the cyclic servos didn't move. It's like theres no power to them, because if I push the servo horn with my finger, there is no resistance?

So, I went ahead and did a reset of the G31, and ran through the entire setup again.

A new reset, and a reconfig later has them working again, but as soon as I disconnect the power and reconnect it, the servos stops working??

Thanks again.

\Martin
I had a problem with that allso. I got so discusted I decided to start over from scratch. I went into the transmitter menu at model reset and clicked "reset" and then just as an after thought I tried the sticks and " wat do ya know!! every think was working. I don't know why, but it worked, and I've not had anymore problems with it. I'm not saying that is your problem,just saying it's an option. Good luck. Ed
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
RobirdUSA.com
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mike!

Thanks again.

\Martin
Also, check your receiver as it may be going bad or you don't have a good bind.
SDHeliPilot is offline Find More Posts by SDHeliPilot
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:09 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,075 Posts
Does the Robird show a blue or red light when the rx binds, if not it hasn't binded to the rx and it won't work.Make sure your cyclic wire is in the right slot.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Thanks for all the help!

Yes, the G31 boots up normally (I think), with a green light (and some green flashes), and after a few seconds, the status led changes from off to blue (and to red if I flip the gain switch to rate mode).
And the rudder servo works like expected now.
But all three cyclic servos usually don't work (only after a reset of the G31, and a power off/power on. Next power off/power on they are dead again).

I've connected a OrangeRX Sattelite to the SRx cable on SRx1 port.
Both ESC and rudder servo works like it should, when the cyclics don't..
So I don't think it's the RX connection (all stick inputs are registered in the first window of the GUI as well).

Anyways, I'll try to reset the model on my JR DSX11 radio, and also try to bind the Sat (with another RX) again and try again now.

Thanks again.

\Martin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:15 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for all the help!

Yes, the G31 boots up normally (I think), with a green light (and some green flashes), and after a few seconds, the status led changes from off to blue (and to red if I flip the gain switch to rate mode).
And the rudder servo works like expected now.
But all three cyclic servos usually don't work (only after a reset of the G31, and a power off/power on. Next power off/power on they are dead again).

I've connected a OrangeRX Sattelite to the SRx cable on SRx1 port.
Both ESC and rudder servo works like it should, when the cyclics don't..
So I don't think it's the RX connection (all stick inputs are registered in the first window of the GUI as well).

Anyways, I'll try to reset the model on my JR DSX11 radio, and also try to bind the Sat (with another RX) again and try again now.

Thanks again.

\Martin
I've found what's causing the problem, but I don't know why it happens..

I'm using a Turnigy Plush 40A ESC (with the middle/red wire removed to "disable" the internal BEC) and a Turnigy UBEC for powering the gyro/servos.

I tried disconnecting the ESC, and voila! The cyclic servos work every time i connect the battery! And as soon as I reconnect the ESC and power everything up, the cyclic servos refuse to move again..

The UBEC is connected to a Y-cable, with one end going to the SRx1 cable (where also the Sat is connected) and the other end going to the SRx2 port on the gyro (to power the rudder servo).

Does anyone know why it behaves like this? I've kept the setting for the ESC to "Analog" in the servo setup menu in the GUI, btw..

Thanks.

\Martin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Hey Martin. Do your UBEC and ESC have a common ground? I.e. do they both connect to the negative lead of the same battery? If not, that might be what's causing the problem.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:13 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
I just got my G31 and downloaded the win7 software. When I went to install it I found a .application file, how do I install this?
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:09 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Hey Martin. Do your UBEC and ESC have a common ground? I.e. do they both connect to the negative lead of the same battery? If not, that might be what's causing the problem.
Hi Dr. M

Yes, both the UBEC and the ESC is connected to the same battery.

I even tried disconnecting the black wire from the ESC plug, so only the white signal cable was connected to the G31, but it didn't help.

I'm now running the power from the ESC' internal BEC to the cyclic servo power bus, and the UBEC is powering the tail.
It works fine, but it's not how I wanted it to be, and I really woul like to find out why this is happening..

Thanks,

\Martin
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:11 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
I just got my G31 and downloaded the win7 software. When I went to install it I found a .application file, how do I install this?
I haven't tried it on Win7, but on XP it was just a matter of running that small file, and it dowloaded/installed the actual software for me.
Worked like a charm.

I'll try to download it to my Win7 computer now, and check it..

\Martin
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:26 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
I haven't tried it on Win7, but on XP it was just a matter of running that small file, and it dowloaded/installed the actual software for me.
Worked like a charm.

I'll try to download it to my Win7 computer now, and check it..

\Martin

Yes, it was the same on Win7.

\Martin
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Well most of the helis in this thread and other here in MiniHelis are electric and there is no logical reason for them to have vib issues in the first place
The vibe log on the Robird showed me vibes on my electric helicopters would never have known about otherwise. At this point I don't know how I could live without a vibe log.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull