HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:49 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
Would there be any concern with using a multi rotor head with this gyro?
Non at all. It has support for all sorts of multi rotor phasing, as well.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:55 PM
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Joined Jun 2005
354 Posts
Gyro finally showed up today. Looks complete. Just over 5 weeks to get here. Four emails to Hobby Dream and not one returned. I certainly can't recommend them and I definitely won't be ordering anything else.

Mike
mligosh is online now Find More Posts by mligosh
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:34 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,849 Posts
Crashed both of my 450's on thanksgiving day, both from loss of oreintation so having a Ikon fbl unit would have saved me( hind site is always 20 20),looking forward to it but might have some questions, I'm putting my Ikon into a Warp 360.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Nov 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Had linked to previous post that didn't link?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
I ordered recently from Hobby king 8 days ago and my stuff was at the post office on friday( ordered on Sunday and could have picked up on following sat).They have been pretty fast recently but once in awhile very slow.I bought an Ikon and a 4s Scropion motor from Helidirect during the sale.
Steve
Hi Steve, I was going to get that IKon but when I went to order the sale was off and price was back to $239
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:41 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Well, it turns out the self-level on the Brain/Ikon is not 100% reliable and can get your heli into some pretty precarious positions at times. Vibes seem to be the main culprit.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:49 AM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Hi Steve, I was going to get that IKon but when I went to order the sale was off and price was back to $239
Ikon is still $170 at helidirect.
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:20 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Well, it turns out the self-level on the Brain/Ikon is not 100% reliable and can get your heli into some pretty precarious positions at times. Vibes seem to be the main culprit.
I was wondering how reliable that feature would be as you only would normaly hit the switch in a bad situation.Does the Ikon have a vib log?They also claim it's vib resistant!
Steve
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,719 Posts
Well most of the helis in this thread and other here in MiniHelis are electric and there is no logical reason for them to have vib issues in the first place. I also have a Ikon ordered and I have read most all post on it over on Heli Freak. No it is not as good as the $500 HC unit but at around 1/3 the cost (on sale) thus I am willing to give it a try.

At the rate stabilization units are advancing by next summer anyone should be able to fly a heli.

One of the Brain ( Ikon) threads on HF

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....highlight=Ikon

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 28, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
The Brain/iKon gyro chips are some of the most vibe-resistant out there. However, accelerometers (used by the SL) by their nature get confused by vibes (which are acceleration). Once I dial in my Brain, I'll give SL a try just for sh*ts and giggles, but it'll be 4 mistakes high...

No vibe log on these units...
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
Ikon is still $170 at helidirect.
I just checked the price on Helidirect. I get 224. What is your link for 170
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,849 Posts
Quote:
The Brain/iKon gyro chips are some of the most vibe-resistant out there. However, accelerometers (used by the SL) by their nature get confused by vibes (which are acceleration). Once I dial in my Brain, I'll give SL a try just for sh*ts and giggles, but it'll be 4 mistakes high...

No vibe log on these units...
I'm going to set up the Ikon on my Beam so I will have low vibs confirmed with the Robird before the Ikon goes in.The Sl wasn't a deal breaker , just nice to have but not as usefull as it would have been when I had less expereince.
Steve
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I just checked the price on Helidirect. I get 224. What is your link for 170
Price was still showing $169 this morning when I went to work. It was listed on today's recommendations for you on the main page. Now it doesn't come up there and the price is back to normal.
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:56 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Quote:
I thought most were having better success with SL (self level) now, using the latest firmware, and suitable mounting foam.

I've already setup the mixing in my Aurora 9 so I can have each of the 3 flight setups on a 3 way switch and another large single switch that always takes it to the 3rd flight mode, that has the SL enabled.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Hi guys.

I need some help with my Robird G31 (I'm a FBL noob, btw).

I've connected everything, but my rudder servo doesn't move when I move the rudder stick?
When I move the cyclic servos, the rudder servo also move slightly..
When I run through the software setup guide and when I get to the Tail and Cyclic Limit, the rudder servo moves when I move the rudder stick.. I can adjust the end points and neutral point, but when I finish the setup guide and go back to "normal operation", the rudder stops moving again..

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

\Martin
netmav is offline Find More Posts by netmav
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:13 AM
Lt. Col. Crash 'n Burn
Vestfossen - NORWAY
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netmav View Post
Hi guys.

I need some help with my Robird G31 (I'm a FBL noob, btw).

I've connected everything, but my rudder servo doesn't move when I move the rudder stick?
When I move the cyclic servos, the rudder servo also move slightly..
When I run through the software setup guide and when I get to the Tail and Cyclic Limit, the rudder servo moves when I move the rudder stick.. I can adjust the end points and neutral point, but when I finish the setup guide and go back to "normal operation", the rudder stops moving again..

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

\Martin
Ohh, and I forgot to mention that I'm running an Align DS520 rudder servo on my HK450PRO V2 FBL...
netmav is offline Find More Posts by netmav