SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,086 Posts
Would be good to know what's up at Robird, I was going to buy one more but I'm waiting to see if there going to follow through with the software update!
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot View Post
I have conversations with Shichao Liu at Robird from time to time. I will contact him and ask about the status.
Thanks. Certain odd that it's happened.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
robird.net/g31 back online
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
RobirdUSA.com
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Robird wbsite back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks. Certain odd that it's happened.
I contacted Liu this morning (his time) and he wasn't aware the site went down. He looked into it and the cause was "the config file of server has an error". It's back up and running now but he was concerned that it might have been hacked.
SDHeliPilot is offline Find More Posts by SDHeliPilot
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
RobirdUSA.com
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Tarot parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Tarot-rc sells the Tarot Fbl carbonfiber 325 blades for $14, they where perfectly balanced and smooth on the vib graph.Didnt really notice any flight difference from my fb blades.I get chips in my blades while in flight from hard shell bugs, usually have to clean my blades every 5 flights to remove the goo!Seems the bugs are attracted to the noise and chase my heli around until they loose!
Steve
If any of you have recently ordered Tarot parts from tarot-rc-heli I spoke with Dave today and he's received a big order from them.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
I contacted Liu this morning (his time) and he wasn't aware the site went down. He looked into it and the cause was "the config file of server has an error". It's back up and running now but he was concerned that it might have been hacked.
Thanks for this. You've probably save some people, trying to get the app to get their gyro going, some anguish.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
RobirdUSA.com
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Robird website

Quote:
Thanks for this. You've probably save some people, trying to get the app to get their gyro going, some anguish.
No problemo.

I know that he's been working on the next software version which should be released through the Robird website in the near future. He's not going anywhere so the pilots using the Robird gyros can be assured he and his team are here for the long term.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
No problemo.

I know that he's been working on the next software version which should be released through the Robird website in the near future. He's not going anywhere so the pilots using the Robird gyros can be assured he and his team are here for the long term.
That's good to know. Thanks again.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
BF....I know you have increased your pitch/roll rates but has it helped speed up the collective? I just haven't had the time to test mines again. Did you find a solution to the tail problems you had too?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
BF....I know you have increased your pitch/roll rates but has it helped speed up the collective? I just haven't had the time to test mines again. Did you find a solution to the tail problems you had too?
Yes it definitely increased the speed of the collective pitch as well. It now flying more like my other gyros and the sim.

No luck with the tail yet. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. It's still very flyable. It only happens on a fast CCW piro stop, which I don't actually do, when I'm flying normally.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Yes it definitely increased the speed of the collective pitch as well. It now flying more like my other gyros and the sim.

No luck with the tail yet. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. It's still very flyable. It only happens on a fast CCW piro stop, which I don't actually do, when I'm flying normally.
What do you have it set to again? 24 for pitch/roll? I want to try your setting and report back...

BTW...I bought 2 new Fitec 9357D servos again. One is a spare and another for the 500. I hope the first one I had that stopped working was just a fluke...will see. The other one on the Tarot 450 FBL is still going strong...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
What do you have it set to again? 24 for pitch/roll? I want to try your setting and report back...

BTW...I bought 2 new Fitec 9357D servos again. One is a spare and another for the 500. I hope the first one I had that stopped working was just a fluke...will see. The other one on the Tarot 450 FBL is still going strong...
I'm using 26 for aileron and 23 for elevator (the values I saw in the 7HV video). I may tweak this but so far it feels pretty good.

My Fitec FS9357D in the 500EFL Pro is still going strong and appears to work better than the MKS DS8910A+ I just put in my 500ESP, both with the ZYX. Strangely the MKS servo seems to be slow to react, needing a much higher gain and collective to tail compensation value.

Update: See this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=443
Last edited by beenflying; Aug 17, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Cool...Really don't want to throw them (Fitec servo) under a rug just yet since it was the only one to crap out. Interesting that your setting are not the same on both pitch and roll. Thx BF will try them and report back this Sunday. Will be out of town...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,574 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this new gyro from KDS.

https://www.facebook.com/skyhobbies#...6176552&type=1

They show a programming box in one of the photos.
No PC setup on this one I guess.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Haven't seen that one before - it will be interesting to see how it does
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC