Help!
FrySky

Whats Frysky telementary.
erick3150 is offline Find More Posts by erick3150
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined May 2005
825 Posts
Telemetry, whether on newer spektrum or FrSky, is simply a back channel that sends digital information from the receiver back to the transmitter. This can be done using the same frequency (half-duplex) or using a different frequency (full duplex). Spektrum claims their system does not induce latency in the control signal from the transmitter to the receiver, so they must be doing some kind of full duplex system. FrSky is half duplex, but latency still seems good (sticks wiggle the servos without too much latency).

FrSky's telemetry system consists of two parts. First, signal strength, which is automatically represented to the user through beeps coming from the FrSky module. I can't remember how it goes but I think beeps start to mean lowered signal strength. I think FrSky also does beep codes for receiver voltage level, but I can't remember (could be used to help you know when your battery is low). The second part of FrSky's telemetry system is raw data transfer (serial bit data, like a radio modem). This can be used to have an autopilot system send back GPS and other forms of information to the transmitter where it's taken off the module and processed by external hardware, like a little screen.

You can immediately get the benefit of the signal strength telemetry without any special hardware with FrSky. That is almost reason enough alone to go with FrSky's modules on your transmitter.

Hope this rambling helps.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Default FrSky rssi waring is set 45 for the first alarm and 42 for the second; voltage warning is set 71 for the first alarm.

Please take a look at here about the List of Frsky beep codes and meaning via RENATOA
Zeeland is offline Find More Posts by Zeeland
Last edited by Zeeland; Jul 05, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
151 Posts
Is there a kit that has the GPS and the other things. Isnt Frsky similar to OSD for FPV
thanks
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Yes, FrSky do have GPS (Model: GPS-01) sensor among with other sensors below:

Triaxial Acceleration Sensor Model: TAS-01
RPM Sensor Model: RPMS-01
Fuel Gauge Sensor Model: FGS-01
Variometer Sensor Model: FVAS-01
Temperature Sensor Model: TEMS-01
Battery Voltage Sensor Model: FBVS-01
Lipo Voltage Sensor Model: FLVS-01
Ampere Sensor Model: FAS-100

For these feature(s) you should go with Sensor Hub to make them functional
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined May 2005
825 Posts
You also need either a 9x with special firmware and mods or a separate screen to display the GPS data coming from the airplane. For example, http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=104
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:51 AM
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseih View Post
You also need either a 9x with special firmware and mods or a separate screen to display the GPS data coming from the airplane. For example, http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=104
Yes you are right, I forget the display issue. 9x with special firmware or FLD-02, or DHT-U will do this for you.

Please notice that FLD-02 is just LCD Display and DHT-U is a telemetry transmit.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
151 Posts
I dont understand all of this.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
151 Posts
Is there a kit I can buy that comes with all of this. I just need to know how far I am and the battery level.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Unfortunately FrSky's new transmitter is not available at this moment.

As we been told, it will be lunched in this Q3 (September probably).

At this stage you just can buy another brand of radio and do some hacking things (let us know your location and we might find some proper dealer for you), or you can keep patience until the new transmitter become available.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:43 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick3150 View Post
I dont understand all of this.
Then try brousing the various frsky sensors on hobbykings site, and read the manuals for each. You will most likely want the gps sensor and voltage sensor along with the sensor hub.

The gps wont tell you how far you are from the plane, but it should give alt and cord.
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
151 Posts
What does this thing tell me.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_System_.html
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick3150 View Post
DHT-U is FrSky telemetry Tx module with LCD display.

If you plug DHT-U into your radio, you can have FrSky 2.4G system in operating AND have an amount of data display, like GPS, RPM, mAh, Voltage, Temperature, Acceleration X/Y/Z, Longitude, Latitude, etc.

For these feature(s) you should go with Sensor Hub and Sensors to make them functional
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:02 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
I bought the FrSky module that plugs into the back of my Futaba 9C, with it came their 8ch rx with telemetry. I just ordered the FLD-02 and the FAS-100 amp sensor for it so I can see RSSI, amps, voltage etc.

I am curious about the DHT-U, I thought that since I already have the transmitter module I only need the FLD-02, is this a correct assumption or does the DHT-U send telemetry traffic on a separate channel or something that is better than my stand alone tx module combined with the FLD-02?
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Jun 2012
151 Posts
So that one comes with GPS and battery level.