HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:52 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Yep.. I think this is going to be a common issue. After my 5th flight my tail servo not only got blazingly hot but it completely came apart. the tiny screws holding the black mechanics to the pcb are too small. I repaired it and it works but the motor still gets extremely hot and my tail no longer holds when i pitch pump it blows out. I am hoping it is the servo and not the logic board since things got shorted or could have when the servo blew apart.
Update!
Horizon Hobby is sending the Servo and tail-pitch slider today!
(That's GOOD Customer Service business!)

...still wonder about the overheating part of the servo.....

Remember this IS Version 1....
cfrankfly is offline Find More Posts by cfrankfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Toothpick? Why not use a piece of CF rod or a bamboo screwer ,piece of paper clip,piece of 10 ga. solid copper wire etc.. most anything would be better than a toothpick I would thing.

Saw another post where CF rod was used which is likely the best solution. If one uses CF remember to ruff it up with coarse sandpaper and be very mindful of the dust and any splinters as they are extremly bad for your health. I wrap a piece of masking tape around CF and cut thrugh the tape. This helps prevent splinters and even helps retain the dust.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen View Post
I think my tail control problem was due to a broken-off tail pitch slider pin. I drilled it to the bearing and super glued in a toothpick and it seemed to fly well for one tame test flight and the toothpick held up. Will have to give it a few hard flights to really test it out now. Here's a bad picture of my repair.
Sonds like a fix that worked...
I've seen a push-pin heated up and embedded into the same spot with good results as well.
cfrankfly is offline Find More Posts by cfrankfly
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Toothpick? Why not use a piece of CF rod or a bamboo screwer ,piece of paper clip,piece of 10 ga. solid copper wire etc.. most anything would be better than a toothpick I would think.
I tried a piece of metal push rod first and it broke off right away. Tooth pick just works I guess.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
Last edited by Pen; Jul 11, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
SOunds like the toothpick absorbs more glue as to why it held?
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:16 AM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,649 Posts
That would be my guess and the CA that it absorbs makes it much stronger than a plain tooth pick too.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined May 2010
15 Posts
Go toothpick power!
lje553 is offline Find More Posts by lje553
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined May 2010
15 Posts
I feel that toothpicks are underrated. I have wrapped them in thread and coated them in ca... Dang near indestructible like that. In used them in all kinds of airplane fixes but some people don't like wood on their choppers. If it works it works lol
lje553 is offline Find More Posts by lje553
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:18 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
all of that kind of remidy folks are not last as i did to my heli so i ordered a tail pitch slider and some more parts that i replace since i crashed mine for less tha 200box, damm so fragile heli i am so dissapointed i like the mechanism and it would be my last heli but i swear it could be my last repair for this thing.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:54 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
You obviously haven't owned many heli's. Dude,, seriously,,, hang in there. I've flown up to 500 sized trex. This heli is sooooo much better than anything out there for the price and repair costs. If you can't deal with this, then go for the Nano CPX until you can handle this one without crashing.
Anyone wanna back me up here?
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
you obviously haven't owned many heli's. Dude,, seriously,,, hang in there. I've flown up to 500 sized trex. This heli is sooooo much better than anything out there for the price and repair costs. If you can't deal with this, then go for the nano cpx until you can handle this one without crashing.
Anyone wanna back me up here?
Garry k.
+1.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Mar 2013
3 Posts
What appears like a gyro malfunction on the Blade 130x could simply be what I will call the mushroom gear. This is the vertical gear in the main body that drives the tail gears. I had the same experience as one writer. Everything was going well then when I went to land, the bird went all squirrely on me. Thought it was the tail servo. Replaced it then thought it was the control unit. Nope.
Replaced that gear which is in the tail gear set BLH3729. Got my baby back flying for a lot less than I thought it would cost. It is a common problem apparently and there is a replacement metal gear available.
mudballs is offline Find More Posts by mudballs
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen View Post
Had 5 awesome flights on mine where it flew great but when I was bringing it back in to land at the end of the last pack, it went into a mad spin with no tail control. I looked it over and didn't see any issues but haven't got a chance to do a full triage yet. Maybe I have the broken servo wire too.

3D4life - Was it a wire that was unsoldered?

-darren
It isn't the gyro, broken wire nor the control unit. It is the vertical gear on the main shaft that drives the drive shaft to the rear tail gears. It is part number BLH3729. I think your copter even comes with a spare. If you look at the diagram in the instruction manual, #30 describes them as tail gears. It is the vertical dark coloured gear. A smidge tricky to get back in but there is a YouTube demo showing how to remove the main shaft. Wish he had shown how he put the gear back besides taking it out, but that is the problem and an inexpensive fix. What happened to you was identical to what happened to me and I argued the point until I replaced that gear. It sure made my day.
mudballs is offline Find More Posts by mudballs
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
So this is what I'm dealing with at the moment:

130X Rudder Issue (0 min 54 sec)

No crashes, only about a dozen flights, stock DX6i settings, tried rebinding it multiple times. It flew great out of the box. Any thoughts?
erdmanbr is offline Find More Posts by erdmanbr
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:46 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I would call HH support. It could be the main pcb.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs