SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:22 PM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,644 Posts
Had 5 awesome flights on mine where it flew great but when I was bringing it back in to land at the end of the last pack, it went into a mad spin with no tail control. I looked it over and didn't see any issues but haven't got a chance to do a full triage yet. Maybe I have the broken servo wire too.

3D4life - Was it a wire that was unsoldered?

-darren
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, MO, Raymore
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
JR9503 settings?

popcorn
bradharvy is offline Find More Posts by bradharvy
Last edited by bradharvy; Jul 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:19 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
there is no adjustable gyro on the 130x
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,576 Posts
Yes there is...The BLH370 gyro on the Blade 130 is adjustable...all 3 axis are adjustable..
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:48 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
that's awesome. just learned something new..
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
popcorn
Last edited by bradharvy; Jul 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Default 130 X Gyro Gain Menu
Hi Guys,

Now that the 130 X is shipping now, we want to share our little secret about the gyro adjust ability.

This was not in the manual because it not required to fly the helicopter, we feel out the box the helicopter flies great for the consumer. However some of the consumers want this ability to tinker and play with it.

Below is the instructions on how to access and use the Gyro menu program in the 130 X.

Hope everyone enjoys their 130 X's!!

3-Axis Gyro Menu

To Enter Programming Mode
1. TX on throttle set to high (100%)
2. Plug the flight battery into the helicopter.
3. The Status LED will go solid blue, then there will be a sequence of Red, Green, and Blue Flashing LEDís
4. The RED LED will now be solid and the status LED will be flashing.

To change between axis use the Elevator stick.
Red LED = Elevator
Green LED = Aileron
Blue LED = Rudder

To change the gain value use the Aileron stick
There are ten steps available in either direction, total of 20 gain values for each axis.
The highest and lowest values are not high enough or low enough to cause not to be flyable. It adjusts the gain in a window we determined was useful to the consumer.

Right Aileron increases the gain, the LED lights will start flashing faster.
Left Aileron decreases the gain, the LED lights will start flashing slower.

When the Axis LED is solid that is default value (neutral gain).

To reset the settings to default
Hold right rudder for 5 seconds while in programming mode, there will be a sequence of Red, Green and Blue flashing LEDís to signify the default settings have been applied.
Rudder value must be at 100% travel for this to occur.

To exit the menu.
Simply just unplug the battery. Set the throttle to low throttle or throttle hold and re-plug in the battery.

Thanks,
James
Hi Brad

I don't know if you have seen this info on gyro gain .

best regards
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:57 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Well my heli lasted about 5 flights.. Just took it for its final flight.. the tail servo completely fell apart while in flight.. Then shorted out, got blazing hot and fright the main board.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
gyro

popcorn
Last edited by bradharvy; Jul 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
opcorn
Last edited by bradharvy; Jul 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
My pushrod has been holding up fine so far after pulling out in a crash. I've had about 4 flights since and it's been great! Finally I can do back flips consistently! mCpx would either blow out the tail or simply lose power and fall out of the sky for me when I tried, and i've been too worried about breaking my 450 to do much experimenting. Been flying the 130x over tall/soft grass and I can crash it from 10-15 without much problem.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Jun 2008
367 Posts
My tail blade shot off and made a decent scratch on my arm. This was out of the box on a idle up (70/60/70) tail in hover check. Hit throttle hold and it fell to the ground, only damage is my scratch on arm, semi stripped crown gear, broken tail pitch control (little nub sticking out the bottom) and tail blade.

Time for a week without a heli
hi2nr is online now Find More Posts by hi2nr
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Well my heli lasted about 5 flights.. Just took it for its final flight.. the tail servo completely fell apart while in flight.. Then shorted out, got blazing hot and fright the main board.
I have about 25 flights on my 130x and today when I plugged in the battery the right servo got instantly hot (so hot that the gear melted off the shaft and fell off!). Total elapsed time was less than ~4 seconds.

Grounded for now... I hope Horizon Hobby will replace it!

Issues since new are:
-Loose (floppy) main and tail blades
-sloppy tail pitch slider mechanism
-tail pitch slider guide pin fell off in flight
-overheated servo
But the worst one of all is that now I'm grounded from flying my most favorite heli !!!!!!!

PS .... I have adjusted each of the 3 gyros to take out some the observed shake (from head?)(elv/ail adjusted to 5 clicks, left of center). I have adjusted the tail gyro to 5 clicks (stick-selections) to the right of center.
cfrankfly is offline Find More Posts by cfrankfly
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:34 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrankfly View Post
I have about 25 flights on my 130x and today when I plugged in the battery the right servo got instantly hot (so hot that the gear melted off the shaft and fell off!). Total elapsed time was less than ~4 seconds.

Grounded for now... I hope Horizon Hobby will replace it!

Issues since new are:
-Loose (floppy) main and tail blades
-sloppy tail pitch slider mechanism
-tail pitch slider guide pin fell off in flight
-overheated servo
But the worst one of all is that now I'm grounded from flying my most favorite heli !!!!!!!

PS .... I have adjusted each of the 3 gyros to take out some the observed shake (from head?)(elv/ail adjusted to 5 clicks, left of center). I have adjusted the tail gyro to 5 clicks (stick-selections) to the right of center.
Yep.. I think this is going to be a common issue. After my 5th flight my tail servo not only got blazingly hot but it completely came apart. the tiny screws holding the black mechanics to the pcb are too small. I repaired it and it works but the motor still gets extremely hot and my tail no longer holds when i pitch pump it blows out. I am hoping it is the servo and not the logic board since things got shorted or could have when the servo blew apart.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:52 AM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen View Post
Had 5 awesome flights on mine where it flew great but when I was bringing it back in to land at the end of the last pack, it went into a mad spin with no tail control.
I think my tail control problem was due to a broken-off tail pitch slider pin. I drilled it to the bearing and super glued in a toothpick and it seemed to fly well for one tame test flight and the toothpick held up. Will have to give it a few hard flights to really test it out now. Here's a bad picture of my repair.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
RCG Plus Member