Closed Thread
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:35 AM
Walking with the Lord
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Discussion
Plane Measurements Needed for these pics

Can anyone help me by chiming in with measurements you take off of your Plane please.

NOTE: I think it is like 83" wingspan or something like that.

Here is what will help me and I thank you all who understand this is a simple measure and post request fro help. I can't get the plans anywhere so will go off of measurements that the community is willing

Here we go:

Fuselage:

A -
B -
C -
D -
E -
G -
H -
J -
K -
L -
M -
N -

Fuselage Pic:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Fuselage:

A -
B -
C -

Inside Fuselage Pic:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rear Fuselage:

A -
B -
C -
D -
E -
F -
G -
H -

Rear Fuselage Pic:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ribs

A -
B -

Rib Pic:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudder

A -
B -
C -
D -
E -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wing & Elevator

A -
B -
C -
D -
E -
F -
G -
H -

Thanks just post any measurement you can.

I was able to create tires. I got the inner tubes and based everything off of that. The look of this bird is planned to be a vintage look, which is much different from the build fast practice. Excuse me as I just like to re-engineer everything.

GravyBones is offline Find More Posts by GravyBones
Last edited by GravyBones; Jul 08, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:15 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Well there is a yard stick in one pick, and the parts are sitting on a mat with 1 inch squares, shouldn't be hard to figure the spec's if you take a couple of minutes.

Here, I'll get ya going.

Measurement D in 1st pic and B in 3rd pic are the same 12 inches. A in the 2nd pic is 5 inches. Rest should be easy.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:43 PM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Well there is a yard stick in one pick, and the parts are sitting on a mat with 1 inch squares, shouldn't be hard to figure the spec's if you take a couple of minutes.

Here, I'll get ya going.

Measurement D in 1st pic and B in 3rd pic are the same 12 inches. A in the 2nd pic is 5 inches. Rest should be easy.
Hey, thanks for the reply. One question. Did you measure D in first pic, or did you derive it from the square mat thing? I really don't want derivations from anybody. I have already done the obvious.

Please everyone who might want to help, no obvious help needed here. I am wanting straight out measurements that have been taken from the actual plane. I tried to ask only for what I am needing. All other thought processes have been made already. Thanks.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:46 PM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post

Here, I'll get ya going.

Your measurement for A in the second pic is wrong.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:48 PM
martinsville indiana
Joined Dec 2007
531 Posts
the mudack is still under copyrights

hi i was one of the new crickit builder and test fly before the new owner . you need to buy the plans here the web site http://www.mudduckaviation.com/Pages/MDSport.htm the mudduck still under copyright and rcgroup will delete your post if somebody reports you
thechannelmast is offline Find More Posts by thechannelmast
Last edited by thechannelmast; Jul 05, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:32 AM
Walking with the Lord
Joined Apr 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechannelmast View Post
hi i was one of the new crickit builder and test fly before the new owner . you need to buy the plans here the web site http://www.mudduckaviation.com/Pages/MDSport.htm the mudduck still under copyright and rcgroup will delete your post if somebody reports you
What are you talkng about? That has nothing to do with taking measurements of the objects in these images.

Please actually read the post posts you reply to before replying.

Do not read into a discussion some issue that you are manifesting to create a problem.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:36 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
Well, you did kinda say in post 1 you couldn't get the plans anywhere.... I'm not sure what you're doing because your pics aren't showing up for me..... may be my browser under Linux. Anyway, from what I'd guess, I'm doing something similar.... I'm trying to figure out dimensions for the Great Planes Slow Poke. I want to build a SPAD version out of plastic and I sure as heck ain't gonna buy a kit or set of plans just because they're copyrighted.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Closed Thread