HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
Discussion
How do you know when your springs are "right"

I've been playing with the suspension tuning on my Slash 4x4. I've been swapping springs around a lot, playing with rates and preload. I'm not noticing a whole lot of difference until I get way to stiff and it gets bouncy. A lot of the springs seem very similar although their rates are different. How do I know when I've got my spring rate "right"? Thanks for the info.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:35 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
You need to match spring rate with oil thickness to not get bouncy.

You normally only play with spring rates or oil thickness to fix a handling issue. Playing blindly with no goal won't do you any good.

http://www.myrcbox.com/articles/tech...-tuning-guide/
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:52 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
There also are good guides on Youtube done by the "Ultimarerc network". No link i am afraid since i am at work.

You have it "right" when you like the way it drives. Jumps too muc, make it stiffer, want more roll, make it softer etc.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad