HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2006, 05:46 AM
Joined Aug 2006
65 Posts
[QUOTE=mcross]faraz101,
I don't think you can use mosfets with the 5144, it has transistors built in. The TDA5142 uses external mosfets if you can get one.

many many thanks brother
u explained it in agreat way.i understand all things.and actually i have a maxtor hard disk pcb where i found mosfet are conneted to the motor and tda5144 and i am trying to reverse that circuit if
all things done i will show here.any way first i'll try ur circuit.and an idea is that u can use njm4151 frequency to voltage converter for speed control.i will also try to get that on this weekend
faraz101 is offline Find More Posts by faraz101
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:04 PM
Joined Aug 2006
65 Posts
Hello

hi all and mcross
hope u all r enjoying ur rc research.mcross i built circuit and motor run.now i want to vary the speed.will u please guide me how i can?
and how much rpm i can get from it
Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:12 AM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,638 Posts
Hi faraz,
You're at the point where my work stopped. To vary the speed with that chip you need to vary the voltage supply to pin 5. Or there is an amp for speed control on the chip but I don't know how to use it.

I think I maybe able to find the spec sheet for that chip, want me to send it if I can find it?
Mike
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:22 AM
pem
Frankfurt Intl, Germany
Joined Feb 2004
290 Posts
spec is not complicated ... but usage of the "OTA" is ...

spec sheet
pem is offline Find More Posts by pem
Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:30 AM
pem
Frankfurt Intl, Germany
Joined Feb 2004
290 Posts
eval board description: key is here on description on page 13 and pages before (scheme)

but I never hadn time to figure out "voltage regulation" vs "amp limitation".
surely some of you are more experienced.

PM
pem is offline Find More Posts by pem
Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:10 AM
Joined Aug 2006
65 Posts
Hello

HI ALL AND MCROSS
I HOPE ALL OK.MCROSS can u give me the design of any electric plane with that i can use cd rom motor.and secondly please give me a link to buy tda5144 or tda5142 becoz i have just i piece which has bewen destroyed by me.please help me
Old Nov 25, 2006, 06:16 AM
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,638 Posts
Hi faraz101,
Here's a link to the only plane I flew with that controller. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=11

I used this motor
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=molded+motor

The plan isn't available but you can still buy the laser cut kit. Any high wing free flight plane sized to give a low wing loading with your equipment should work.

Those chips aren't made anymore. There are other better chips available now.
Mike
Old Nov 25, 2006, 08:27 AM
Joined Aug 2006
65 Posts
Those chips aren't made anymore. There are other better chips available now.
Mike[/QUOTE]

can u please tell me about that chips.i mean link to buy them and data for using them in my plane.i am building zagi.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 09:31 AM
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,638 Posts
I really haven't been looking for chips. If you want to buy something there are many brushless ESC's made for models. They are getting pretty cheap these days and won't require you to make it. When I started using the TDA5144 there were no brushless ESC's small enough, there are several very good controllers available now.
Good luck,
Mike
Old Nov 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
Joined Aug 2006
65 Posts
thanks

thanks for information
mcross i am also studying pic microcontroller to design a bldc controller but no success.i am running the motor in open loop no bemf and no hall sensors.only enegizing the two phases at a time according to microchip's an857.but motor is vibrating only.it moves 5 degree left and then 5 degree right.will u please tell me the solution for that.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:01 AM
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,638 Posts
Hi,
Test your motor without the pic first.
Put a paper disc on the motor shaft so you can see the movement. Now energize the coils in the sequence shown on the right of Figure 1 in an857 with enough volts to move the motor. If your motor is wired correct it should step around. It may not go one full revolution but it should always go the same direction and the same angle.

If that works correctly it's probably something in software or you're stepping too fast. I don't know anything about programming pics so I won't be able to help there.

Mike