HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Well, some interesting findings. I do believe this has to do with my all saved versions of multiwii I have on the disk..Anyhow the "ACC" choice showed up in my Windows multiwiiconfig after placing your files in the same directory. When I have the time I will compare the controlP5.jar_ files in my diff dirs as I think something is going on there. And I think, have not tried yet my config file will work as well but I continued with yours. Now the odd thing which I can't figure out if it has to do with my multiwii hardware or I don't know what. As soon as I add a value "P" in "Level" my ailerons move to endpoint when moving the switch to "ACC" enable Regardless of any setting the motor will not change in RPM when I moving the multiwii device. The blue line moves a little bit though. But not much. The "THRO" output is stable to the level I set the throttle stick..
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
why do you expect motor RPM to change with sensor movement?
MultiWii will compensate aileron, evelon and rudder by the movement, but not motor RPM...
kornetto is online now Find More Posts by kornetto
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:34 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Ok...So what is the purpose of the accelerator sensor?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:39 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
autolevel
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Ok thanks! Well, I though that meant hovering and automatic level adjustment by throttling but I got the idea. As it seems to affecting my ailerons for some unknow reason I skip it for now and put the thing together and see what I can do in means of hovering without the skil.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:01 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
autolevel brings your plane to level, i.e. meaning if it leans e.g. to one side it will go back to neutral level. same if you stall or put the nose down.
if flying in windy situation this will make your plane holding it's orientation solid rather than getting pushed by wind gusts.

gyro only (no ACC) will hold the current orientation of your plane. if flying for example knife edge with a aerobatic plane gyro will help you to hold the orientation that way.

hope this explains better what is the meaning of the different settings
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:19 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Ok make sense. So it's basically a form of autopilot.Explains it all as the multiwii device was not in level when I tried to enable acc and put a "P" value for level. Will try it out and take a video if the weather is OK in the weekend. Thank you very much for your patience!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Playing around a bit more with the level stuff..What a fool I am :-) The device is mounted upside down..And i was wondering why the servos where going into end points enabling "level". Well, it's trying to get the airplane from inverted to level of course. I guess there is no easy way to invert it in the software? Or do I better try to mount it up, up and down, down? It's mounted on the belly at the fuselage of a profile foamy..
/Håkan
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:55 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
sure, just check the HowTo. you can either play with the sensor orientation settings or with the Servo directions.
I recommend to mount the mMWC normal as one would expect and change the servo settings according to the HowTo in order to adapt it to your airplane, since this is depending on how Servos are mounted in your individual plane...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:08 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Ok so it should be here I guess:

Code:
//#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
-Y X -Z ?

/Håkan
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
this section is important when you mount the mMWC in a strange way that is different to the recommended way.

Please avoid that.

instead check the chapter "configure servo direction" in the HowTo.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:07 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Well. It was much more easier then that. Just a question of calibrating ACC when it's leveled with the right side up :-) (In this case with the device upside down)
With some luck the weather might permit a trial flight Sunday.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jan 2006
154 Posts
you mounted the mMWC/Sensor upside down?

hope the weather goes fine for you!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:40 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
683 Posts
Yes, the whole device is mounted upside down. It's a profile foamy and not much options left. Well. I could probably put some work in it and done it better..But you know. Not much time as always I'm afraid..
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
AP-stick
Montreal
Joined Nov 2005
1,627 Posts
subscribe thanks to all airplane coders + multiwii team + Alex Dubus

already own 2 quad & wanted to get this toy to help me hovering my
indoor plane...

i plan to install the board level at the end of fuse looking straight
up in hovering position so level acc would keep my plane hovering

i just cannot hover a plane...very bad pilot i am LOL

only one problem : may unsolder gyro+acc from my actual
board to have the circuit ok to help air flow
ggtronic is offline Find More Posts by ggtronic
Last edited by ggtronic; Oct 10, 2012 at 06:27 PM.