Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by 7rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:01 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
Discussion
Dream-flight Weasel

AUW 13.3 oz. Had to add 28 grams to nose to get it to balance. The weasel was tail heavy due to the strapping tape and paint on the fin and monokote on the elevons. Used Rust-o-leum enamel paint on tail, switch cover and belly pan. Star decal and stripe on top from a Multiplex Fun Cub kit. I hope to maiden it this weekend at Coyote Hills in Fremont.
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:39 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
WOW! That is one pretty Weasel! Have you flown her yet?

The Weasel is an incredible sloper. I think everyone should have at least one in their hangar.

Don't forget to look for Weaselfest next year

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
Finally maidened the Weasel last weekend. So much fun! Looking forward to Weaselfest updates.
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Glad to hear the maiden went well! They really are a fun plane to fly and Weaselfests are a great time. Here is a photo of my Weasel at this year's fest. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=438

Do you have a local place to fly or do you fly at one of the big name places? Here are our local places. We are lucky to have so many good places close by. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620554

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:13 PM
Rotor rider
Belmont Shore, Long Beach, CA
Joined Aug 2009
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
AUW 13.3 oz. Had to add 28 grams to nose to get it to balance. The weasel was tail heavy due to the strapping tape and paint on the fin and monokote on the elevons. Used Rust-o-leum enamel paint on tail, switch cover and belly pan. Star decal and stripe on top from a Multiplex Fun Cub kit. I hope to maiden it this weekend at Coyote Hills in Fremont.
Great job on the Weasel, it really looks good. Only 28 grams, I had to add 45.5 grams (1.5oz) in order to get mine to balance. The total weight of the plane is 393 grams (13.9oz). I will maden it tomorrow. I took pictures cause it won't look like this long.

Bob
BicycleBob is offline Find More Posts by BicycleBob