HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:57 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
The 2815 motor is rated for 4S. If you look at the Finwing website, it shows the specs for both 3S and 4S on that motor.

Kent
ok good thats what I thought, I had just noticed in my troubleshooting that the motor itself says something like 7.4-11.1 V. I think I found my issue though. Bad connection. Thanks for the input anyhow guys.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2Gray View Post
Hi everyone,

Would anyone hazard to guess as to what the make and model is of the FPV camera shown in front of the GoPro camera in the photo below?

Thanks in advance.
Assuming you mean the larger of the 2 cameras and I'm fairly sure you do, the camera is known by different names.

When I bought mine it was called a Swann HD Sports, but I have also seen it advertised as a ASTAK Action Pro 3 HD Sports Camera.

http://www.uavshop.co.uk/catalog/pro...roducts_id=329

Personally I think it is better than a Gopro.
- it has a removable lcd screen.
- has video pass through.
- great selection of mounting brackets.

If you mean the smaller of the two cameras - it could be any one of a great number of cased board cameras.
gtaero is online now Find More Posts by gtaero
Last edited by gtaero; Feb 05, 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: incorrect information
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,432 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Would anyone hazard to guess as to what the make and model is of the FPV camera shown in front of the GoPro camera in the photo below?

Thanks in advance.

There are 50 or more to choose from at any given time. Here is a good site to buy them:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/

I'm using a Pixim Seawolf similar to what the folks at Team Blacksheep Sell and it is AMAZING:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/690TVL-HD-Ultra-WDR-Pixim-SEAWOLF-Sensor-chip-OSD-Camera-3.6mm-lens.html
They also sell it "with case".
Cheers - Mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, George Town
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Well here is my maiden flight..actually my second flight but first with the goggles on. Enjoy.

Fpv maiden Grand cayman (7 min 5 sec)
kman Raptor is offline Find More Posts by kman Raptor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:46 PM
Australia, VIC, Brighton
Joined Aug 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
There are 50 or more to choose from at any given time. Here is a good site to buy them:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/

I'm using a Pixim Seawolf similar to what the folks at Team Blacksheep Sell and it is AMAZING:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/690TVL-HD-Ultra-WDR-Pixim-SEAWOLF-Sensor-chip-OSD-Camera-3.6mm-lens.html
They also sell it "with case".
Cheers - Mark
Thanks Mark!! I think the camera as displayed in my picture is smaller than the one you are suggesting, how did you go about mounting your camera on your penguin?
Fade2Gray is offline Find More Posts by Fade2Gray
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:34 PM
Canada, QC, Châteauguay
Joined Jan 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Cloverleaf (skew plainer wheel) are one of the best Tx antennas and is the reason why most everyone flies with them. Here are great videos on FPV and antenna selection. I tend to listen and agree with the folks who have flown FPV for some time like iBCrazy in that diversity and tracking systems are not nessassary for long range FPV. I myself have a home made cross hair I use. My son Nick, who is also my spotter, moves my antenna when I want to come in and land. Otherwise it does not need to be moved.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355327

For radio control yes you are correct most fly with some sort of UHF system. I personally fly with Dragon Link for my FPV but revert back to 2.4 for my LOS birds. I have flown to the max range of my HiTech 2.4 with my quad. At one mile I lost control. 72 mhz is another option and is good for several miles but in my opinion the best way to go is a good UHF. One of these systems should be good for 10+ miles.

Here is my Penguin flying this weekend with the DL UHF antenna in one wingtip and my Vtx/antenna in the other.
Thanks for the feedback, Mike! I know this is not the thread for a fundamental FPV question, but sometimes just seeing what people are using can be illuminating. Interesting to see the head tracking myths dispelled.

I enjoyed your video well-trained dog you have that doesn't trample the plane on landing, lol!
s_linste is offline Find More Posts by s_linste
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Mar 2006
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_linste View Post
. Interesting to see the head tracking myths dispelled.
I think you mean antenna tracking
McCleary.11 is offline Find More Posts by McCleary.11
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:11 PM
Canada, QC, Châteauguay
Joined Jan 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
I think you mean antenna tracking
No, we were discussing my old top-loader VCR....

Hey, what's the word on those Dragonlinks? Can you confirm if they're gonna arrive this week?
s_linste is offline Find More Posts by s_linste
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:00 AM
Joined Mar 2006
757 Posts
Tim was told that they shipped from DL, but we haven't seen them come in yet. We get products out ASAP when they arrive at the shop, though.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:40 AM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
736 Posts
Hey guys so I decided to clean things a bit on the penguin while I wait to receive my DL V1 to get back from a firmware update. I redid my wing tips in plasti-dip neon orange, modified the canopy to work with the GoPro (couldn't believe that the canopy being on made the penguin fly better), added some carbon rod to the tail boom (seemed like it could use some more reinforcing).

I decided I should install a GPS Tracker for a triple failsafe in case my RTH and DVR recording fails me. I haven't flown before with a GPS tracker on the plane.so I might have to CG it differently.

Pretty pumped to try out the Dragon Link and 1.3 Helical and do some long range flying. I have been doing lots of Google earth research of cool places to fly and there is a lake with a big damn that would be cool to fly to. It's about 6 miles away line of sight.

Cheers,
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drone Cowboys
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:59 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
Tim was told that they shipped from DL, but we haven't seen them come in yet. We get products out ASAP when they arrive at the shop, though.
Yeah, but did he get a tracking number

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:01 PM
Joined Mar 2006
757 Posts
They should be at the shop tomorrow or Friday.

Any pics of that orange plasti-dip on the wing tips?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2010
1,019 Posts
Anyone using the himax power upgrade, how many max amps are you getting out of it?
Deadstick 8409 is online now Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:59 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,432 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Mark!! I think the camera as displayed in my picture is smaller than the one you are suggesting, how did you go about mounting your camera on your penguin?
I cut the canopy and mounted it on a ply stand, see pics -
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
58 Posts
I second the photo of the orange plasti-dip on the wing tips!

I need to get some color on my Penguin!
Maxintheair is offline Find More Posts by Maxintheair