HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Feb 2010
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtgold View Post
here ya go! (unfortunately the site appears to be outta commish)
http://www.finwinghobby.com/faq_view.aspx?id=23
Sometimes the website is unstable, check it later would be fine
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Feb 2010
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
I also have the Finwing 60amp ESC but mine is running a Turnigy D3536/5 1450KV motor turning a 9x6 APC on 3s 6000mah.

Although mine is running fine at speed, it is displaying classic timing symptoms of stuttering at start up (timing may be your problem as well Autograder).

Sense there were no ESC programming instructions provided in my order I'm about to file a ticket with RMRC to provide some. But in the mean time has anyone already received a set of programming instructions for the Finwing 60amp ESC?

D-Man
Uploaded, hope you can find it helpfull
Atflying is offline Find More Posts by Atflying
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:25 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying View Post
Uploaded, hope you can find it helpfull
PERFECT... Thanks a ton Atflying!

With the holiday I won't get a chance to play with this for a couple of days but will post my findings soon.

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,887 Posts
I received my Penguin a few days ago, but didn't pull it out of the box until tonight. I must say I'm pretty impressed with what I see. I was expecting the horizontal stab would have a groove for the c/f tube stiffener....nope. It won't take much to add, but really thought it would of already been there. I look forward putting this together and getting it in the air.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I received my Penguin a few days ago, but didn't pull it out of the box until tonight. I must say I'm pretty impressed with what I see. I was expecting the horizontal stab would have a groove for the c/f tube stiffener....nope. It won't take much to add, but really thought it would of already been there. I look forward putting this together and getting it in the air.
The new version already have the horizontal stab installed. Dont know why rmrc isnt selling the new one yet.
nitelite666 is offline Find More Posts by nitelite666
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatorgeek View Post
I'm going to lose the downward looking camera, but the bonus is I can comfortably fit 3 GensAce 5300 3S packs (for a max battery capacity flight configuration) all right on the CG.
Have you flown with the 3 batteries yet? I'm curious how it handles the extra weight.
6bolt2g is offline Find More Posts by 6bolt2g
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:23 AM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autograder View Post
Had a successful maiden flight last weekend! The CG was slightly tail heavy for my taste, but overall a great flight. Haven't done FPV yet.

I do seem to be having a very strange issue with the M2815 and 60 Amp ESC. Sometimes around half throttle the motor will all but stop completely and make an awful noise.

In this video you can hear it at 2:46 (link) and 6:27 (link).

Bench testing it is pretty nasty and violent. I could make another video on the bench if that helps? Anyone have any ideas?

I pulled back the ESC heatshrink on the bullet connectors and they seem fine. The motor wires are a bit thin, but connection looks ok.

Thoughts?
I heard mine cut like that but thought it was my radio glitching, was fine in the rest of the flight.
Haven't had chance to fly it again.
I don't think its the motor.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:12 AM
fly it high as possible
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jun 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
I look forward putting this together and getting it in the air.
You could get more surprise if won't glue stab in to the fuse.
It is moving, shaking even in the air. And after landing on grass it was teared from
fuse with rudder finn together.
Finally I glued it and put some of a piano wire (about 10cm) under tail.
Now don't have any questions.
IL76MD is offline Find More Posts by IL76MD
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:25 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD View Post
You could get more surprise if won't glue stab in to the fuse.
It is moving, shaking even in the air. And after landing on grass it was teared from
fuse with rudder finn together.
Finally I glued it and put some of a piano wire (about 10cm) under tail.
Now don't have any questions.
Yeah, I'm debating on the tail attachment. I'd like it removable for transportation, but probably wouldn't remove it much. Mostly because I'm planning on moving in the next several years and a removable tail that can fit back in the box would be more convenient. I might have to try it first then see if I need to make it a permanent connection later on.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Sep 2012
458 Posts
The stab rotates and changes the trim.. have fun if you don't glue it
fpvbasher is offline Find More Posts by fpvbasher
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:49 AM
milwaukee wi usa
Joined Nov 2000
191 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I'm debating on the tail attachment. I'd like it removable for transportation, but probably wouldn't remove it much. Mostly because I'm planning on moving in the next several years and a removable tail that can fit back in the box would be more convenient. I might have to try it first then see if I need to make it a permanent connection later on.
hi..
since the servo/ linkage is mounted in the fuse....even a slight knock may move the horizontal resulting in an out of trim elevator. i just tack glued mine in a couple of places. if the horizontal ever needs to be removed, i can do so without creating a real mess. hope this helps. enjoy your new toy!
rbt
rbtgold is offline Find More Posts by rbtgold
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, AL, Theodore
Joined Mar 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
I can't imagine anything that I fly will be in any shape that wouldn't fit into a medium sized kitchen catcher garbage bag in the next several years. I wish I could be that confident in my R/C skills...

Have you seen the Bixler tail attachment mods?

Paul
ppridday is offline Find More Posts by ppridday
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:00 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtgold View Post
hi..
since the servo/ linkage is mounted in the fuse....even a slight knock may move the horizontal resulting in an out of trim elevator. i just tack glued mine in a couple of places. if the horizontal ever needs to be removed, i can do so without creating a real mess. hope this helps. enjoy your new toy!
rbt
Thanks for the input...helpful information.

I can see how the stab could rotate some with the single screw retention method. Adding a second screw, either further forward of back, may reduce/eliminate that tendency. I can take a look at options later on. Really I probably would be just fine gluing it in place and not worry re-engineering anything. I need to clear off my hobby desk so I can start the build first though...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:12 PM
fly it high as possible
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jun 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the input...helpful information.

Adding a second screw, either further forward of back, may reduce/eliminate that tendency. I can take a look at options later on.
I have already tried a second screw, too, it doesn't work, cause of foam.
You couldn't bind it strong enough, cause it is foam.
A option is one only - to glue it.
IL76MD is offline Find More Posts by IL76MD
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD View Post
I have already tried a second screw, too, it doesn't work, cause of foam.
You couldn't bind it strong enough, cause it is foam.
A option is one only - to glue it.
The second screw worked for me.
But, I used a washer and tightened it Very tight. Buried it at least inch into the foam forward of the other one.
There is a Wood stiffener in the Vert Fin, I just used a wood screw that went up into that wood. ( 1 inches long I think)
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Last edited by Flybynight2; Nov 22, 2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: added