Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:06 PM
Happy Newbie
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2011
86 Posts
Discussion
ITC RC Snowmobile

Recently traded for a bunch of unmatched vehicles & controllers, and I'm wondering how to get them back up and running, or at least identify what I'm working with.

The first I'm really curious about is an Interactive Toy Concepts snowmobile w/ Driver, circa 2002.

I've just taken a picture of the control board, I'll post it ASAP.

The motors look like normal DC motors (for drive and steering), with gearing (and limits for the steering) setup.

I'd love any information folks have about this and how I could play w/ it!
Thanks!
Scurvy is offline Find More Posts by Scurvy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:36 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,785 Posts
IMO, your best bet is to ditch the stock electronics and upgrade to something hobby grade. You could leave the main drive motor and just upgrade to a budget steering servo, transmitter, receiver and ESC.

You probably don't want to add a ton of power unless you're willing to upgrade the driveline parts as well.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:52 AM
Happy Newbie
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2011
86 Posts
I've cracked it open, and the motors are very simple DC motors, they look nothing like traditional RC parts.

Smaller than what I've seen, I'm not sure I can wedge anything into the same space! I'll keep poking around and see what I can do.

Thanks!
Scurvy is offline Find More Posts by Scurvy
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:24 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,785 Posts
9g servos are very small, you should be able to get one in easily. Add a small receiver and small esc and you should be fine.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons