HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:24 AM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Help!
Small Quanity Enameled Wire Vendor

Hello all!

Q: Is there a small quanity enameled wire vendor (in the US perferribly) that you have good experience with?

I could go through any number of wire sales companies, however I wanted to see if anyone knew of someone that is stocking supplies (1.0mm (0.039") enameled solid wire). Quanity required for my current need is only for one motor, 20 feet would be more than enough.

Some of the larger companies might "sample" me what I need. I'm even thinking of how nice it would be to have a specialized vendor in "Brushless Motor Building Supplies", you know stuff like, defferent sizes of wire, bearings, shafts, collets, mini pullers!, magnets, epoxies, insulation products, kits. Hummm I hope someone is jumping on this idea if there is no one already.

Thanks in advance for all your replies and have a great day!

Doug
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:37 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,845 Posts
All of these are good sources:

http://www.strongrcmotors.com/Wire.htm

http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...ef=magnet+wire

http://www.techfixx.com/

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:49 AM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Excellent Jack, thanks a ton brother!

EDIT: The TECHFIXX looks like what I'm looking for, some 21 AWG will work (2 strands) or perferred
18 AWG for a 12 turn 28x26 dLRK stator, so he sells on EBAY and looking for him but nothing comes up with "techfixx", so I'll just email them & find them that way.

Doug
Last edited by 43851E; Jul 03, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:02 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,845 Posts
You're more than welcome, of course. Most of those sell wire by AWG sizes, I use this link to do the conversions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge

The wire in that table will be the uncoated sizes, the coating adds a few thousandths or so. It is also a good reference for figuring out the surface area for comparing it to the most often found on the Chinese motor multi-strand winds to single strands.

The Chinese brushless motors are almost always wound with multiple strands of 0.25mm wire, any were from two or three to 12 strands or more. And the high KV motors with only a few turns are wound with parallel strands in order get a more flexible bundle where a single large strand would be needed.

The Radio Shack wire is junk and comes in a limited range of sizes (only one?).

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:44 AM View Post
maccann
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:13 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccann View Post
Hi, welcome to this forum site, it is the best site forever to solve your any kind of problems, but right now i am not able to give you any comment. I think you have to contact your friend for better solution. I am sorry for that.
Thanks
--------------------------
Reported. Pls do not spam our forums
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:10 AM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Thanks everyone. So far I've rewound 2ea "Pulso" AXI knock off 2826/8 & 10 turn motors. Modisc has been very helpfull as all could easily guess. I like & employ his "seperate tooth" winding philosiphy - technique.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Doug