Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:25 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2011
14 Posts
May have to bite the bullet if ordering LiPos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotine View Post
So, I suppose they won...
Just remember, guys, ask HobbyKing to not use SCS Express (especially if you live in Western Europe, as it seems to only affect us). HobbyKing told me themselves to use their support chat right after an order to inform them.
I had a big issue with HK recently, I'd had about 10 parcels delivered before (Air Parcel), containing anything from models through carbon rods, glues and chemicals and LiPos no problem... always paid the VAT to the Czech Post office on delivery ..

Then in July my package, worth about $190 and containing, among other things, loose (i.e. individual, not built-in) LiPos - didn't come within a month or so like all the others, so I had a look at HK site and there was a small note under the order details that the parcel had been returned by Singapore Post because it contained LiPos (they didn't let me know) - I googled a bit and that same thing happened to lots of people worldwide - apparently, someone somewhere decided that loose LiPos are dangerous in air packages [that SORT OF makes sense], but, HK forgot to incorporate that into ther shipping method selection system and (probably to this day), they let you choose all those 'wrong' options even if your order contains LiPos..

I started pestering their support that it was their fault because they offered me that shipping method - four months of copy and paste replies that didn't answer my questions, they said the parcel did not return to them for four months!!!, then I complained and threatened a little and finally got a message that they are shipping the order free of charge via SCS - and you can guess the rest... I got one of these Emails today..

I also thought it was a scam, but after googling a bit it seems that it's just something that happens when you use a particular service (not that I had much choice)... you normally just pay VAT (20% here) and pay it cash at delivery, but they 'do it for you' (or maybe not, maybe they just greased a few hands to let the shipping go through, after all, not all those small packages get 'caught' as someone pointed here) - and then charge extra, around EUR 10 in my case now... probably not much I can do, it's been 4 months + and I just want that parcel now.. I just asked if the charge included any shipping charges as it seems
that is the case and I want to make sure HK pays all shipping, see above...

And the HK support guy proudly informed me that SCS is THE shipper to use when ordering LiPos - well, after receiving that Email, I won't risk ordering LiPos from Asia anymore - the DE warehouse only stocks limited range and is always out of stock (will have to look at UK Warehouse if it's better), but ordering LiPos from Hong Kong is just not worth the risk and the hassle... if you got the support to avoid SCS, you'll probably end up with your parcel returned because of LiPos..

Just my 2 cents'... hope it helps someone avoid a 4 months wait

Matej
Blanik 4801 is offline Find More Posts by Blanik 4801
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:51 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,150 Posts
For Nikotine's eyes only
Zeventien oktober:
bestelling HK bijkomende kost SCS?? oplichting? - MBF

Prettig weekend Ron
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Feb 14, 2014, 01:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
Delivery in 3-7 days.
I ordered 28th January, shipped 30th.
Yesterday 13th february i got information from scs: they gave forward to DPD courier.
I asked yesterday how long will be the shipping to Hungary to my home: 4-5days. After two weeks, more 4-5 days more.
This is an chinese EXPRESS service, for 35 USD.
DONT CHOOSE SHIPPING METHOD LIKE SCS EXPRESS!!!
G,
gergo75 is offline Find More Posts by gergo75