Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
wow. Was any of this explained before you ordered?
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Nope. Hobby King advised me to contact them immediately and tell them that I don't want SCS next time when I place an order...
Nikotine is offline Find More Posts by Nikotine
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
And how exactly are you supposed to do that?
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
And how exactly are you supposed to do that?
Apparently using their Support Chat thing.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotine View Post
Nope. Hobby King advised me to contact them immediately and tell them that I don't want SCS next time when I place an order...
So Anthony Hands' company (Hobby King) contacted you to ask that you contact them (Hobby King) to advise them that you do not want Anthony Hands' company (SCS) , a company that you NEVER agreed to conduct business with, the next time you place an order?

That's just downright weird. Being that you were never advised of this "SCS" company when you placed your order, they took it upon themselves to prepay VAT on your behalf? Have they supplied ANY proof that the VAT was actually paid? This just seems so bloody strange.

Now all this may be completely "normal" to some. Not unusual at all! That's cool. Some may even have the urge to post up a question directed at me as to "why" I have the opinion / feeling that I do about it. I just do.
weimer20 is offline Find More Posts by weimer20
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
Yeah, that does seem strange to me. It would seem to me it would be more helpful if HK would list info on their website or at the very least send an email explaining the situation before it happens. Good luck and please advise the outcome
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:54 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
LOL. SCS has nothing to do with Anthony Hand. It's the delivery company.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
Absolutely undeniably HILARIOUS!
weimer20 is offline Find More Posts by weimer20
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
Wow, that's hysterical. shrugs.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,083 Posts
What a bummer I hope you get this sorted out! Well now you know for next time to a. include it into your fees, like everyone else does thats had this happen, and still save money, or b. refuse the service and shop from a more expensive vendor and not save money. Thanks for sharing this information!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,663 Posts
Well you could always shop at HK UK now and that will cut all the Tax/VAT out of it and get your order in 24 hours or 48 depending on what service you pick,i just got the Durafly SE5a from the UK warehouse which just opened.

Just saying.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
There has been a German warehouse for a while as well.
They have absolutely nothing in stock of what I need...

Filed a Paypal complaint beginning of this week. Let's see what happens...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:00 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotine View Post
There has been a German warehouse for a while as well.
They have absolutely nothing in stock of what I need...

Filed a Paypal complaint beginning of this week. Let's see what happens...
Yeah i know about the Euro warehouse and there stock levels,but i think you will find there is a lot going on behind the scenes over there,like the German Customs holding peoples parcels for silly reason,you only have to take a look at the HK forums to find out what i mean.

Plus most of Europe will be able to buy from the UK warehouse anyways so i'm sure that our warehouse will be more than well stocked,i've got what i wanted the other week plus just coming from the HK forums,we have a couple of containers on the water now and a few more to come.

I really can't see how it's HK fault if UK customs holds up your parcel and ask you to pay for tax/vat,you even say you know you had to pay the charges so whats the problem? ok i get you say you don't know who's getting the money but come on do you really think someone is getting all our info some how,and know we have parcels sitting in customs and then are sending out payment invoices?
If i've got that wrong i'm sorry but thats what it read likes when i read your first post.

Even when i had to pay the extra charges on a order last month for a big box which had my plane in and a few other bits i was still getting a better deal than i could from my so called local hobby shop,or most other places that i know of online.

As you say i'm sure you are a nice guy in real life just like most of us,so good luck and i hope you don't stop buying off HK just because you where unlucky to get caught having to pay Tax/Vat charges like most of us have to.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Well, I will certainly check out the UK warehouse then, thanks for the tip.

Normally, when I need to pay tax, I do this to the post man, or UPS/DHL guy at my door. There's always a bill attached to the package, explaining where the cost came from. See "B-Post scan.pdf" for an example (from another, non-Hobby King package obviously). It breaks down the cost and I can live with that.

As I understand it, the postal services, or DHL/UPS have had to do the same thing as SCS is claiming they've done: paying customs for me to the customs officers. It's just the way SCS is retrieving that cost from me that bothers me. They send me a mail in Google-Translate-Style English (see my opening post), with a scan of the package label attached (see "SCS scan.pdf"). That's it...
You must understand that a mail from someone in Hong Kong seems dodgy to me, compared to the Belgian Postal Services presenting me with a bill. Otherwise I would be a billionaire after all that heritage from those Nigerian princes I've been informed about by email.

Good point though about them "getting all my info somehow". It's a mystery how they got my email address, as the scanned package label didn't state that... (a reason could be that SCS works closely together with Hobby King...)

Anyway, beginning this week I received a "Final reminder", so I changed the Paypal dispute into a Paypal complaint. Thus far I have received two messages from Paypal telling me they're working on it, but are waiting for feedback from HK.

I love HK, I really do. They've given great service and great fun using their products, but they should really look for a different transport company...
Last edited by Nikotine; Jul 23, 2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: some typo's
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
So, I suppose they won...

Paypal "investigated" my complaint and chose to support Hobbyking in this as apparently all they had to do was prove that they had shipped me the parcel. I actually can understand their decision, because it can't be Hobbyking's fault that their transport company is scamming customers...

So I paid the "tax" to SCS, and received the package. A tax invoice wasn't included, as was to be expected. I paid them through Paypal so I could try retrieving that money again, but I'll throw in the towel.

Just remember, guys, ask HobbyKing to not use SCS Express (especially if you live in Western Europe, as it seems to only affect us). HobbyKing told me themselves to use their support chat right after an order to inform them.