SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:47 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,591 Posts
Whoops!
CPAC's boy wonder swings left

Rut row, George! Looks like the Far Right just lost one of their poster boys.

Quote:
Jonathan Krohn took the political world by storm at 2009’s Conservative Political Action Conference when, at just 13 years old, he delivered an impromptu rallying cry for conservatism that became a viral hit and had some pegging him as a future star of the Republican Party.

Now 17, Krohn — who went on to write a book, “Defining Conservatism,” that was blurbed by the likes of Newt Gingrich and Bill Bennett — still watches that speech from time to time, but it mostly makes him cringe because, well, he’s not a conservative anymore.
The young Mr. Krohn sounds far more mature than many others I know who are decades older. The following quote from the Politico interview pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
The issues are so complex, you can’t just go with some ideological mantra for each substantive issue.”
Read the entire article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1zW2TjWCX
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Aug 2011
718 Posts
Who?
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:47 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Who?
Me thinks the desperation to find good news from the campaign of "hope and change my dirty diaper" has set in pretty deeply if this is the kind of stuff they are hangin their hats on.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
Currently 16-17 and doing great.
Good for him.
Rufcut is online now Find More Posts by Rufcut
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:02 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
We lost a 17 year old? He hasn't even voted yet.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:08 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,591 Posts
I'm no political junkie but even I know who Jonathan Krohn is from his CPAC speech.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
I'm no political junkie but even I know who Jonathan Krohn is from his CPAC speech.
Never heard of him.

Looks like he's not really the conservative's poster boy you paint him to be.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:29 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
The young Mr. Krohn sounds far more mature than many others I know who are decades older. The following quote from the Politico interview pretty much sums it up:

"The issues are so complex, you canít just go with some ideological mantra for each substantive issue.Ē
It's funny that he should say that, and then join a party with an ideology that does EXACTLY that.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:32 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,591 Posts
Try googling his name. Better yet, try reading or watching something besides Fox. Actually, am surprised you didn't see him on Rup's channel.

From Wiki:

Quote:
Jonathan Krohn (born March 1, 1995) is an American author who wrote the book Defining Conservatism and gained national attention when he addressed the 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference at age 14. A resident of Duluth, Georgia, Krohn became interested in politics at age eight after hearing about a Democratic filibuster on judicial nominations in the United States Senate. In 2006, he was voted "Atlanta's Most Talented Child" by Inside Edition. Krohn used his savings to self-publish his book, in which he sought to outline core conservative principles.

Krohn convinced skeptical organizers to allow him to speak for three minutes at the CPAC event on February 27, 2009. His speech was very well received by the audience and later gained popularity on Internet websites like YouTube, garnering Krohn attention on national news programs on CNN and the Fox News Network. In 2009, he was a finalist for Time magazine's Time 100 for the year. His second book, Defining Conservatism: The Principles That Will Bring Our Country Back, was released on February 9, 2010.[3] In 2012, Krohn openly declared he no longer held conservative views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Krohn
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:33 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,280 Posts
I notice that he's still hawking his book, Now would being two-faced be the mark of a neo-liberal?
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:35 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Try googling his name. Better yet, try reading or watching something besides Fox.

From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Krohn
Yah anyone can speak for three minutes at the CPAC.

Marjoe Gortner used to be a preacher, so what? Anyone can lose their marbles, and turn to the Dark Side..
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:42 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,591 Posts
Yea, I hear his next book is titled I Was Abused by Newt: Confessions of a Conservative Altar Boy.