HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,303 Posts
I was fortunate enough, to catch a ride to the nats, in the mid 60's. Lakehurst NAS, NJ. What stuck in my mind, was the huge blimp hangars. Only NATS I ever attended.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:02 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,303 Posts
Got the Dural gear and wheels in today. Now I can go back on finishing the Bonita.

Fuzz
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,303 Posts
Sorry for the absence on the build. My shop room gets pretty hot, during the summer. Finally cooled off some, as the sun gets more behind the tree's in the backyard.

Fuselage is covered. Servos installed(4-HS-55's) Left is to add batt tray and balance, plus push rod's. May be able to maiden her this saturday, weather permitting AUW is around 20oz. Haven't put her on the scale yet, I see no reason really. I'll post final pics and throws, hopefully a vid.

Fuzz
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
Imagine That!
Tularosa, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Martin View Post
Sorry for the absence on the build.
Fuzz
Wow! It looks great. Super work, Fuzz. Hope you get to fly it soon.

Tom
www.warbirdkits.com
TomJacoby is offline Find More Posts by TomJacoby
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:59 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,303 Posts
Thanx, Tom! It really does not look like the original, till you get it all together. The alum LG came out nice, painted to match. This opens up the batt compartment.

Fuzz
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,303 Posts
Just a note: The Squaw has flown! Flies very well. I did not really wring it out, as it is not mine. I made a gift of it, to a close friend. But very stable, or...can be very wild. Balance was up side down on the main spar. Lands very slow, even with the cross wind present that day.

If I would change anything with the design, I would widen the fuselage slightly. But this was always an issue with these conversions. The RC Nobler had this mod.

Fuzz
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:00 AM
Imagine That!
Joined Jan 2003
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Martin View Post
If I would change anything with the design, I would widen the fuselage slightly. But this was always an issue with these conversions. The RC Nobler had this mod.
Fuzz
Glad you were finally able to get some flying done!

Please send me the details on the landing gear mods, with manufacturer and part number, and I will incorporate it in the final version.

-tom
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:28 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,303 Posts
OK, Tom. I'll locate the part. It was from Tower. But requires triming, as they are to wide at the fuselage mounting. A hack saw does the trick.

Fuzz
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:05 PM
Imagine That!
Joined Jan 2003
1,638 Posts
Squaw III Now Available!

Announcing: The Squaw III kits are now in stock! Straight out of the Golden Age of control line flying, it's a 100% scale model of the renowned Veco Squaw!

You can order the kit at www.warbirdkits.com.

-=Tom=-