HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:04 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Sepang
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
It works fine with reflashed ESC┤s, but ESC32 is recommended.
Hi JussiH,

I PM you regarding AutoQuad...
joecarnine is offline Find More Posts by joecarnine
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:36 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecarnine View Post
Hi JussiH,

I PM you regarding AutoQuad...
Just answered, I get quite a lot of PM┤s and Emails these days...
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:33 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
I'm thinking of doing the cal in the refrigerator, since I'm not going out when it gets any colder than that

Cheers,
Rusty (AQ has finally left the ground)
Rusty, just curious how the AutoQuad is working out for you? I'm just tinkering with a small FPV quad and APM2.5/Arducopter, but my next step is to build your UAP2 Octo and I'm seriously thinking about putting AutoQuad on it for AP work, so it would be great to hear about your experiences! Are you doing a build log or posting anywhere about it?
eat5hams is offline Find More Posts by eat5hams
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:44 AM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat5hams View Post
Rusty, just curious how the AutoQuad is working out for you? I'm just tinkering with a small FPV quad and APM2.5/Arducopter, but my next step is to build your UAP2 Octo and I'm seriously thinking about putting AutoQuad on it for AP work, so it would be great to hear about your experiences! Are you doing a build log or posting anywhere about it?
I wish I had more progress to report, but it's pretty slow going at the moment. The dreaded cals went fairly well, and I don't think tuning will require much more than a touch up. What I really need is time and some room to fly. I don't have enough room at home to test autonomous operations, so I'm limited to when I can get to the park, or the beach. I hope to do some further testing this weekend, but I've said that before...

No build log I'm afraid. I've pretty much followed the AQ wiki, so the basics are pretty well documented already. The copter is just a basic UAP1 with expendable motors and props

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:24 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, K°benhavn
Joined Mar 2013
35 Posts
Hello Autoquad team.

Just love this project. I think it is great that you try to go above and beond the china counterpart.
I can not find any dokumentation about flightmodes that Autoquad offer, will it be able to fly a v-tail quad?
Roger_Red is offline Find More Posts by Roger_Red
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:45 AM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,838 Posts
The software has a custom configurable mixer table, so you should be able to configure just about any type copter you can imagine.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/frame-motor-mixing-table/

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 AM
Canada, AB
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
The dreaded cals went fairly well, and I don't think tuning will require much more than a touch up. ... ... The copter is just a basic UAP1 with expendable motors and props

Cheers,
Rusty
Well I'm glad things are going well. Lol I was hoping you would put it on your UAP2 frame so I could use your settings as a baseline for when I build a UAP2 eventually , but it's encouraging that most people aren't having to do a ton more than a "basic touchup" with the AQ board.

Good luck with everything!

Cheers,
Eric
Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:51 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,218 Posts
I know I shouldn't be posting this but...

Completely uncalibrated, untuned AQ6 Quad with default settings performing PH out of the box by German user Mario:

Marios kopterli (2 min 55 sec)
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kinderkram; Mar 16, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 06:58 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Absolutely mind blowing!!!! Wow!! This is the board I will look at for my AP rig (next build after continued teeth cutting on an APM small FPV quad). Wow!!! Very encouraging for a novice tuner!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:53 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
492 Posts
I was talking talking to the FAA here in the states and they say that they are going to start cracking down on guys useing model RC aerial work for hire without a lic. and it could be up to a $20000.00 fine per shot. They say their biggest issue is safety, even private aircraft have backup systems. So I was wondering how hard would it be to write code into the AQ so it would know when it's in trouble and trip a parachute
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Aug 2012
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
I'm of the opinion that all autoquad vids are posted good and bad, but watching performance like that I'm sure a lot of naza users would be happy with the autoquad out of box. Once calibrated though, it really is a league on its own!

I can't wait for mine to arrive so I can join the club!!!

EDIT: Just watched this for the second time, umm WOW!!! This time I lined up the autoquad with the background trees, well I can say this performs way better than my naza m and I reckon most wookong m owners too. Jeeze is there any reason to do a calibration?
Well a perfectionist like me will, but for the general DJI owner I don't think it's required. Jussi I can't wait!!!
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Last edited by Jdmagoo; Mar 17, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined May 2010
255 Posts
I totally don't agree. First of all, height correction is reach crazy, almost shuts down the motors when he pushes up!
Second of al, height is bouncing
GPS floats around, all my naza and wookong's do a way better john, and remember, in this video the're is no wind!

Also the motors sometimes make a wind sneering correction sound.

Just my 2 cents.
vinnygogo is offline Find More Posts by vinnygogo
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:28 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Quote:
Completely uncalibrated, untuned AQ6 Quad with default settings performing PH out of the box by German user Mario
Cool
Long time before I was asking to made a simple flying mode, that will allow users to make a test flight without long calibrations.

I know a lot of users, that don't want to buy AQ, because its very hard to tune.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Completely uncalibrated, untuned AQ6 Quad with default settings performing PH out of the box by German user Mario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6mrm4wZoys

very impressive kinderkram
autoquad seem very stable and better than dji
gps features are incredible

do you know when protective case will be available for autoquad?
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:11 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Sepang
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6mrm4wZoys
Yup, this is sure my next multirotor controller... Better features than all DJI even with Wookong M full license! Upgrade and more $$$!!!???

Just look at how Autoquad lock its POI and perform Waypoint flight!!! Not just amazing... It is precisely lock the POI via rudder and gimbal pitch! The video is just with normal gimbal and no post stabilization? Wow!

Just my request:>> Nice Looking Protective Case for the board.
joecarnine is offline Find More Posts by joecarnine