HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:33 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarteam View Post
Manual: throttle = throttle, yes obviously when you throttle up, you probably go up
Not manual: throttle = change altitude
An example, say are flying in turbulent conditions with strong up and downdrafts.

In manual mode, you'd be constantly on the throttle to maintain altitude. It would also be difficult to perform a smooth ascent or descent.

In PH or DVH, if your throttle stick is at center, AQ will automatically maintain altitude in a down or updraft of wind. If you move your throttle up, the AQ will smoothly increase altitude while still compensating for the up/down conditions. Ditto for smooth descent if the throttle stick is decreased beyond mid-point.
The max rate of altitude change is a settable parameter.

Throttle can be on any channel you want.
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
AD6-HL, MK3638, Pro Mount-200
Panama
Joined Oct 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Send me an email!

20 cm should not be a problem, but I will probably need to get some pigtails to work with. I am not at the workshop PT, but I will check tomorrow if I have the needed pigtail to create an antenna for you right away, if not, there will be a little delay on the antenna, but it can be sent later as you wont need it for calibration and setup.
It's done, purchased, now Ill be a patient, or at least Ill try, many thanks!

Mark.
Panama TJ is offline Find More Posts by Panama TJ
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:10 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
An example, say are flying in turbulent conditions with strong up and downdrafts.

In manual mode, you'd be constantly on the throttle to maintain altitude. It would also be difficult to perform a smooth ascent or descent.

In PH or DVH, if your throttle stick is at center, AQ will automatically maintain altitude in a down or updraft of wind. If you move your throttle up, the AQ will smoothly increase altitude while still compensating for the up/down conditions. Ditto for smooth descent if the throttle stick is decreased beyond mid-point.
The max rate of altitude change is a settable parameter.

Throttle can be on any channel you want.
Excellent now makes sense thank you.

I have a few more questions please, my understanding for return to home is the home location and altiude must be first set after take off, now when RTH is activativated will the FC automatically climb to the pre recorded altitude before coming home? Or will it come home then climb to the predetermined altitude? If the FC is higher than the predetermined altitude when RTH is activated will it just come home at that higher altitude or will it descend first then come home?

Failsafe, I assume the RTH process once the stage 2 fail safe is activated is the same as manually switching RTH? If not could someone please explain?

Finally, I have a Graupner Hott MX 20 with a GR24 rx, the PPM output works fine however with the naza m FC failsafe is not recognised via the PPM signal. This seems to be only with the graupner radio as with other brands of radio the failsafe seems to work via PPM. Does the autoquad FC recognise failsafe via the PPM signal on the graupner Hott MX 20 radios?

Thanks again for your time to answer

James
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:21 AM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
The RTH will climb or descend along the route to meet the set home location alt. Basically just draw a imaginary line between the point you engage RTH & the set home point this will be the flight path.
skew is offline Find More Posts by skew
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:41 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
Excellent now makes sense thank you.

I have a few more questions please, my understanding for return to home is the home location and altiude must be first set after take off, now when RTH is activativated will the FC automatically climb to the pre recorded altitude before coming home? Or will it come home then climb to the predetermined altitude? If the FC is higher than the predetermined altitude when RTH is activated will it just come home at that higher altitude or will it descend first then come home?

Failsafe, I assume the RTH process once the stage 2 fail safe is activated is the same as manually switching RTH? If not could someone please explain?

Finally, I have a Graupner Hott MX 20 with a GR24 rx, the PPM output works fine however with the naza m FC failsafe is not recognised via the PPM signal. This seems to be only with the graupner radio as with other brands of radio the failsafe seems to work via PPM. Does the autoquad FC recognise failsafe via the PPM signal on the graupner Hott MX 20 radios?

Thanks again for your time to answer

James
No, it will not ascend, that will require a mission and the rtl is just one command.
It is asked a lot, so maybe in future ?.

Yes it will recognize the hott fail safe, it will detect a lost signal and therefore the graupner version is actually perfect
joebarteam is offline Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:59 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarteam View Post
No, it will not ascend, that will require a mission and the rtl is just one command.
It is asked a lot, so maybe in future ?.

Yes it will recognize the hott fail safe, it will detect a lost signal and therefore the graupner version is actually perfect
Thanks
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:54 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
New video from one of our more determined and fearless Beta-testers:

AQ octo in a Blizzard (1 min 12 sec)

Thumbs up!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:04 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
693 Posts
so that's why you make us put the AQ in the freezer lol
chris24g is online now Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:06 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,242 Posts
Wanna show your AQ6 adiction?

We have found someone producing T-Shirts and stickers with the AQ logos.

Find more info here: http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2111
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:56 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
so that's why you make us put the AQ in the freezer lol
I'm thinking of doing the cal in the refrigerator, since I'm not going out when it gets any colder than that

Cheers,
Rusty (AQ has finally left the ground)
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:39 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
I'm thinking of doing the cal in the refrigerator, since I'm not going out when it gets any colder than that

Cheers,
You can just come and vis[t me in Minnesota, it's been colder outside than my freezer can get (-20F last night) so you could just stand outside with your board to freeze it or have the Postman carry along on his route
richkphoto is online now Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:19 AM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post

Cheers,
Hey, good news. Congrats!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:38 PM
Axel N.
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2011
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Here is the first print of the case.
Will have to change some minor dimensions problem in it, but other than that it fit very nicely.
Pictures with the board in will come..

Dialfonzo,

Can you update us on the status of the enclosure?
Shapeays is listing it for US$ 33 (in sandstone color) which sound good to me.
Have you made the changes you were talking about?
axelnied is offline Find More Posts by axelnied
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 PM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelnied View Post
Dialfonzo,

Can you update us on the status of the enclosure?
Shapeays is listing it for US$ 33 (in sandstone color) which sound good to me.
Have you made the changes you were talking about?
Well, maybe I can answer that.

Basically, no - the changes are not made yet. I have been totally busy, so I have not gotten around to make all the measurements yet. I will put it forward now!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:58 PM
Axel N.
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2011
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Well, maybe I can answer that.

Basically, no - the changes are not made yet. I have been totally busy, so I have not gotten around to make all the measurements yet. I will put it forward now!
Jussi,

Thanks for the response... Project management is one of the hardest things to do: In order to get one projects forward you have to put some other project on a lower priority - I do understand.

My point would be that more and more people are getting their AQ's off the ground and since it is an expensive piece of equipment, it would make sense to protect it.

This morning I experienced a crash out of 8 meter (~25 feet) . Good news is it fell on grass... Bad news is broken carbon arm, ripped wires and a number of bent pins on the AQ board. Have not yet time to fully evaluate the damage to the board, but it appears to be "okay". Since there are 14 outputs, even if all 6 outputs I used are screwed, I have plenty others to choose from!

I was flying a mission, and it execited 3 waypoint correctly when it just dropped out of the sky. When I find time I will post the LOGS on the AQ forum. Was using r76.
axelnied is offline Find More Posts by axelnied