HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:08 AM
Discovering the joys of flying
Brazil, SC, Joinville
Joined Aug 2012
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Yes, Jussi still has some in stock. No ETA on the mass production yet.
http://viacopter.eu/shop/flight-cont...blic-beta/8-95

btw: Non-EU customers can substract 25% from the sales price so you'll end up at around 320USD since Jussi's company is registred for export.
Are there any thoughts/plans/wishes to start making large batches and bring the price down? Specially with importation taxes the price is way too high for hobbyists specially in Latin America.
Adilson is online now Find More Posts by Adilson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:15 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adilson View Post
Are there any thoughts/plans/wishes to start making large batches and bring the price down? Specially with importation taxes the price is way too high for hobbyists specially in Latin America.
Norbert is wrong about "mass production". We already get them made in bulk, but smaller batches. Even if we made 1000īs at a time it would not bring the price down significantly. since it would mean a larger investment and thus a bigger risk - both of which is already high. The price is mostly a function of the components we use, and most parts we already have in stock, so there is very little to gain by "mass production".

The HW is sold at what I consider a "killer price" - no system available to civilians with normal pocketbooks can do what AQ does, and the closest competitor in terms of stability is a Wookong M (it still has a long way to come), which is gonna cost more than 2500 dollars for the functions we provide standard. We dont charge you for addons like waypoints and groundstation, we provide it freely!

So dont expect the price to drop! The price is already very reasonable! In fact I am considering to raise it when the beta ends!

South American retailers (and retailers from the rest of the world) are welcome to contact me for a wholesale quote, but be aware that we have a MOQ and we require that you are able to run local support if you want to deal AQ HW.

Best regards

Jussi
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:59 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,186 Posts
Ok, I should have use "next batch" instead of "mass production".
But I also wrote "no ETA" and if you want one now, order one from Jussi.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:25 PM
AD6-HL, MK3638, Pro Mount-200
Panama
Joined Oct 2011
211 Posts
If I was to use AutoQuad 6 on the Cinestar 6 and CS Gimbal, how could I congifure AQ6 to run with the traditional MK motor mix configuration which has motor 1in the front instead of the AQ6 configuration which has 3 motors on each side, not having one directly on front or the back...

The docking points for the FC are pointing to motor 1 and gimbal can only be pointed head first to motor 1, can this be configured in the AQ6 to work as in with MK?

I appreciate the feedback here.

Mark.
Panama TJ is online now Find More Posts by Panama TJ
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:21 PM
Discovering the joys of flying
Brazil, SC, Joinville
Joined Aug 2012
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
So dont expect the price to drop! The price is already very reasonable! In fact I am considering to raise it when the beta ends!
Personally, I think you should seek - if possible, of course - a price around US$ 250,00. I think that would be the sweet spot. For now I'll just keep watching from the lines then.
Adilson is online now Find More Posts by Adilson
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
299 Posts
Once this has been completely setup and calibrated correctly, how easy is the autoquad to fly? I'm coming from a naza m and wonder what the learning curve would be to fly an autoquad?
Jdmagoo is online now Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama TJ View Post
If I was to use AutoQuad 6 on the Cinestar 6 and CS Gimbal, how could I congifure AQ6 to run with the traditional MK motor mix configuration which has motor 1in the front instead of the AQ6 configuration which has 3 motors on each side, not having one directly on front or the back...

The docking points for the FC are pointing to motor 1 and gimbal can only be pointed head first to motor 1, can this be configured in the AQ6 to work as in with MK?

I appreciate the feedback here.

Mark.
That motor configuration is just an example of how the motor mixer works, you can create your own mixer to match any layout you want including the MK hexa+ layout.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Tilman aka RoseWhite and a German company created the ultimate carrier board for the AutoQuad. I'm afraid it'll be damn expensive though.

Ain't she a beauty?

Anymore info on this? Where to get it, pricing etc?

And how do the ESC32 cope with heat when not directly under the prop wash? Are there any available heat sinks that can be purchased?
Jdmagoo is online now Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:49 AM
Joined Sep 2009
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama TJ View Post
Mark.
In AQ, FC is placed "forward" to flight direction.
Motor MIX table is define as motor position according to center of multirotor.
So 1st motor can be anywhare around (it can be most forward ora most backward or any position). 2nd motor the same, it can be anywhere.
All You have to do, is define MIX table, there is no limitation.
Rufio is offline Find More Posts by Rufio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:24 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
Once this has been completely setup and calibrated correctly, how easy is the autoquad to fly? I'm coming from a naza m and wonder what the learning curve would be to fly an autoquad?
Extremely easy. You can either fly manually or virtually hands off.
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Norbert is wrong about "mass production". We already get them made in bulk, but smaller batches. Even if we made 1000īs at a time it would not bring the price down significantly. since it would mean a larger investment and thus a bigger risk - both of which is already high. The price is mostly a function of the components we use, and most parts we already have in stock, so there is very little to gain by "mass production".

The HW is sold at what I consider a "killer price" - no system available to civilians with normal pocketbooks can do what AQ does, and the closest competitor in terms of stability is a Wookong M (it still has a long way to come), which is gonna cost more than 2500 dollars for the functions we provide standard. We dont charge you for addons like waypoints and groundstation, we provide it freely!

South American retailers (and retailers from the rest of the world) are welcome to contact me for a wholesale quote, but be aware that we have a MOQ and we require that you are able to run local support if you want to deal AQ HW.

Best regards

Jussi
yes but wookong is a finish product and almost plug and play it s not the case here..
own if you code is better,more features, it s again in beta and it s expansive plateform to be a beta tester!
for example a protective case at this price will be highly appreciate for all users and better looking(more serious)

to be beta tester,i think,it s better to buy something less expansive and which have a good hardware too like apm 2.5 (almost same features like you......)
titeuf007 is online now Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
yes but wookong is a finish product and almost plug and play it s not the case here..
own if you code is better,more features, it s again in beta and it s expansive plateform to be a beta tester!
for example a protective case at this price will be highly appreciate for all users and better looking(more serious)

to be beta tester,i think,it s better to buy something less expansive and which have a good hardware too like apm 2.5 (almost same features like you......)
Then go and get a APM 2.5...and see if you get the kind of accuracy and stability we provide...

I find it offensive to compare AQ with APM! Our hardware is way more advanced than the APM, and we deliberately choose the best parts we could find. Just the cost of the GPS module and antenna on AQ would probably cover the whole BOM on a APM 2.5.

Selling the AQ at 250 dollars with VAT would mean loosing money, and we dont run a giftshop here! So you can begin looking elsewhere...

Protective case will be available soon at a reasonable price.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:12 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Comparing Wookong and AQ is useless - Wookong needs 1hr for tuning, AQ needs 1 week.

Now AQ in a very deep beta state imho When calibration of autoquad will take 10 minutes, it may be interesting for many users, but not now... Maybe you need to build some kind of a big freezing camera and rotating platform, that will do batch processing of many boards.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
AD6-HL, MK3638, Pro Mount-200
Panama
Joined Oct 2011
211 Posts
@epyonxero: thanks mate!

@Rufio: thanks!!

@titeuf, DVE: if you guys want a "finished" product go buy a parrot drone. We all know here this type of high-end FC's need time to set up to work well. If you dont plan to spend time in it figuring out all the small details and how it works, you guys will end up with a RTF platform and end up crashing the rig like many S800 "pilots" who buy RTF's and ARTF, be ready to invest time in this hobby guys, its all worth it.

@DVE: have you compared features of the two? $320 vs. $1,000+? AQ6 has by far many more features INCLUDED that WK does not. I dont own one but just by reading and watching the videos I can tell its way better, and Ive owned two MK's. None compare price vs. features to AQ6. Please investigate before posting.

Mark.
Panama TJ is online now Find More Posts by Panama TJ
Last edited by Panama TJ; Feb 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:56 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
I tested a lot of controllers - from old one Gaui 330, to XA, Naza, Multiwii and APM, and no one needs so long calibrations process, as AQ needs.

It will not have any commercial success, unless it will be more user friendly. Imho
(I succesfully launched AQ also and know how to tune it, but don't want to repeat this process again, my next controller will not be AQ anyway)
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE