Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:09 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
That is good to know. Is the target lock and follow that was mentioned a few posts back going to be coming soon? Also is there a link to print out the manual?
Wowowow, not so fast, Monsieur.
Do you have an idea, what kind of brain machinery is needed behind such features? I have no clue.
I mentioned "baby shoes" - means there's a long way to go. This is highly scientific stuff, that takes the industry years to develop. So don't expect it to happen too soon.

If we combine given features, we already have some kind of target lock, which will work best with objects moving on the ground.

That'll be another milestone and I must confess I don't know how many miles are still in front of us.

So pleeze, no "are we already there?" from the backseat!
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:55 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
477 Posts
I am very happy with what it can do and I think it surpases my ys-x6, but I saw the targetting video on here so I just had to ask.
With the follow me feature with the android phone can it be set to follow me at a constant height like staying at 5m. That is a complaint that people have with the x6 it won't hold one height.
Thanx for all your hard work
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:06 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Yes, it is actually done from a position hold perspective.
So, you enter the AQ in pos hold, including altitude and either give the follow me command or go there command from your GPS phone/tablet.

So, if the AQ is well setup, the position hold is well tuned it should follow you at the height you set, changing the height is possible with transmitter and not yet in the app. But as said, it is only a command and that structure is in the code.
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:54 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
477 Posts
Is there a way to print the entire manual other than printing a page at a time
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:42 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
Is there a way to print the entire manual other than printing a page at a time
I'm already looking into a solution but only have found single HTML to PDF stuff which is the same pita as printing the pages one by one:

Haven't found a tool that converts the complete Wiki into a single PDF file with a clean printable layout...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:17 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
943 Posts
I understand that some people like their hard-copy, but do realize that the information changes often, sometimes on a daily basis. Unless you're planning on doing EVERYTHING in just a couple days, it would probably make more sense to only print the parts of the manual that are relevant to your next step(s). Of course it is good to at least scan through the docs before starting, but it would be a shame to miss some important information we inserted yesterday, because your printed version is a couple weeks old...

-Max
maximal is online now Find More Posts by maximal
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:48 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,197 Posts
I've installed a PRINT plugin for testing in the Wiki.
You'll see a new button on the upper right corner, where you can generate a printfriendly page online and download it as a PDF file.

You can delete unwanted/unnessecary items from the page and arrange it for your needs.

This only allows you to print 1 page at once but it might be ok for now.

I guess I also have a solution to grab the whole Wiki and convert it into a single PDF file.
If changes occur we can announce and link it on the "Documentation changes" page like we do now. So the user can update his manual by only adding the changed pages.

Hope that helps...

Norbert
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Oct 2004
934 Posts
Hi there,

Looking for a reliable board, that doesn't require a degree in engineering.lol. I really like the autoquad for several reasons... can I buy it here in the US somewhere!? If not,I guess I have to order it from I believe Germany or Denmark!? Will you subtract VAT?! Are they in stock!?

Vielen Dank,

G
neavissa is offline Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:28 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Hi there,

Looking for a reliable board, that doesn't require a degree in engineering.lol. I really like the autoquad for several reasons... can I buy it here in the US somewhere!? If not,I guess I have to order it from I believe Germany or Denmark!? Will you subtract VAT?! Are they in stock!?

Vielen Dank,

G
We have AQ6 and ESC32 in stock. We will subtract 25% VAT on orders going outside the EU.

www.viacopter.eu
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:41 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,728 Posts
Any feedback would be appreciated..
the board itself would be mounted on the top portion so when you open the case the GPS antena came with it.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:22 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
the board itself would be mounted on the top portion so when you open the case the GPS antena came with it.

I was thinking of something more simple. Just a box with the necessary slots for the connectors and maybe a milky/white/semi transparent cover so you can still see the LEDs.
The snap-in for the GPS antenna is very nice though it binds you to a certain type.

Thx for your work on the protection of our precious!
btw: how do you make a proto? I remember you saying it can't be printed...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:44 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post

I was thinking of something more simple. Just a box with the necessary slots for the connectors and maybe a milky/white/semi transparent cover so you can still see the LEDs.
The snap-in for the GPS antenna is very nice though it binds you to a certain type.

Thx for your work on the protection of our precious!
btw: how do you make a proto? I remember you saying it can't be printed...
It can't be printed (at least nicely) on a regular extrusion type printer.
But a Powder type of printer can print any shapes..

In that form, i could just do a standar cover for people that don't want the GPS supported one.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Oct 2004
934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
We have AQ6 and ESC32 in stock. We will subtract 25% VAT on orders going outside the EU.

www.viacopter.eu
Thanks for the fast reply... do I need the esc32 if I would like to use a flame wheel f550 kit!? Or does the aq6 not support other esc's!?

Thanks,

G
neavissa is offline Find More Posts by neavissa
Last edited by neavissa; Feb 01, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:15 PM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Thanks for the fat reply... do I need the esc32 if I would like to use a flame wheel f550 kit!? Or does the aq6 not support other esc's!?

Thanks,

G

AQ does support other ESCīs as long as they are "fast update" type, eg reflashed. I dont know if the DJI ESCīs will work, I have no experience with those...apart from trying other peoples WKMīs.

SimonK or BLheli reflashed ESCīs will work.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:20 PM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
I think it looks very nice - lets skype tomorrow and finish the last details and press "print" button on it.
RCG Plus Member