What is being used for gimbal control?
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Yay, Rusty's back! That was spooky timing Rusty... I just got a Y6 frame from you in the mail for one of my AQs, and then 2 days later you were "giving up" on the AQ. So I'm glad that's all sorted now... and we'll see who finishes theirs first! Great frame BTW, nice work.

-Max
What size otors are you going to use on the new Y6? Are you planning to use motor isolators?
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:58 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
This is drive by a new brushless gimbal control that will also be released soon.
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,231 Posts
Quote:
It's Alexmos SimpleBGC.
More info in the description of the video that recently unleashed a boom among the MR community
Autoquad Alexmos gimbal test (2 min 36 sec)

Stay tuned ... more to come soon!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815204

@ Jussi: "Killerprice" is the word that rings like angelic bells in my ears!
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kinderkram; Jan 22, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:24 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Here is the video of the gimbal itself.
Those motors are nice and fast, very impressive. But what's the high-pitched whining sound in the vid?

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:33 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
What size otors are you going to use on the new Y6? Are you planning to use motor isolators?
I got some T-Motor 2814-10 to go on this. I went for the double-clamp mounts w/out isolators. I did get some of the EAR grommets to check out, and they're so soft I don't really see how they would hold motors stable w/out being compressed so much they'd be pointless. I was thinking about mounting my FC on them, but I think it would jiggle too much and/or be hard to get level.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:47 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,231 Posts
btw. Max: Jussi recently started a new thread for the SBGC to keep discussions separated.

Let's talk about AQ specific stuff related to the gimbal here, and all the other concerns like mounting etc. here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815204
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
I got some T-Motor 2814-10 to go on this. I went for the double-clamp mounts w/out isolators. I did get some of the EAR grommets to check out, and they're so soft I don't really see how they would hold motors stable w/out being compressed so much they'd be pointless. I was thinking about mounting my FC on them, but I think it would jiggle too much and/or be hard to get level.

-Max
I had been flying mine with those mounts, 2216 size motors, but I couldnt get rid of the last bit of vibrations which I believe were causing a small twitch in the multicopter. I tried modifying the motor mounts to add some grommets I got from McMaster (http://www.mcmaster.com/#vibration-d...ommets/=l5vpxl) but I think they are too hard to make any difference (57A durometer). I ordered some of the motor mounts Rusty sells which are much softer at 21A durpometer but I have not installed them yet.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:00 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,231 Posts
AutoQuad Youtube Playlists

For an easier start into the matter I'm collecting already available videos from AutoQuad team members and beta testers.

They consist of flight videos, both for fun and demonstration and instructional videos:

>>> AutoQuad Youtube Playlists

RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:53 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
Follow Me

Any idea when a follow me feature might be available as that is the last feature that my ys-x6 can dothat the Autoquad can't . I'm going to add another fc to my inventory and I would rather it be another Autoquad
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:12 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,231 Posts
Quote:
Any idea when a follow me feature might be available as that is the last feature that my ys-x6 can dothat the Autoquad can't . I'm going to add another fc to my inventory and I would rather it be another Autoquad
Right now, Sir!

This is former beta tester and new AQ team member teramax demonstrating autonomous features incl. follow me using an Android smartfone only:

AutoQuad FollowMe beta test (4 min 48 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Right now, Sir!

This is former beta tester and new AQ team member teramax demonstrating autonomous features incl. follow me using an Android smartfone only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A2Se8pcbYc
Man I really need to get my Y6 flying again. Are there plans to get POI working in this mode?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:11 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Right now, Sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A2Se8pcbYc
Looking good, great work!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:31 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
That is good to know. Is the target lock and follow that was mentioned a few posts back going to be coming soon? Also is there a link to print out the manual?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:58 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Man I really need to get my Y6 flying again. Are there plans to get POI working in this mode?
Orbit Mode and POI are in the code.
One major problem with those small touchscreen devices is to logically structure the menu in a way, the function become easily accessible.

Due to most countries laws - and for security reasons - you should always carry your radio with you to react on failures. This is NOT an ARdrone!
RCG Plus Member