HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:02 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,303 Posts
John, it's the Flyduino FCP-HL L
http://flyduino.net/FCP-HL-L-univers...r-Quadrocopter
with a 40$ landig gear from GLB, customized by Menno for Paul's center plate.
There's also a new FCP-HL XL for heavy lifters.

I think you can use this LG for the first generation FlyduinoCheesePlate but Menno already mentioned that the LG looks good but probably won't survive a crash or harder landing with payload.

Paul is working on LGs that match the FCPs. Dunno what he'll come up with - and especially: when.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:46 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Finally, received it. HK post very effective, 24 Nov arrived HK airport, 25 nov off (sunday), 26 Nov received it.

Just dont know what happens during 14-24 Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey1 View Post
I don't know what are they (Danmark post) waiting for.... Christmas? Still in International Postcenter more than 10 days.

My DIYdrones APM2.5 order at 19 Nov, arrived at 24 Nov already! This is my 2nd piece of apm, installing DIY 250 Carbon frame, can fly it in 2 days later, i hope.
monkey1 is offline Find More Posts by monkey1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey1 View Post
Finally, received it. HK post very effective, 24 Nov arrived HK airport, 25 nov off (sunday), 26 Nov received it.

Just dont know what happens during 14-24 Nov.
Great. If you need help on your setup you'd better come over to our forums, since we mostly talk about general stuff here...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
Norbert,
Im waiting the motor and LG for my AQ using old FCP. I dont want to do dynamic calibration twice so i prefer to chose right frame. This LG i saw on foxtechfpv (even cheaper) its name tarot and yes the joining between vertical and horizontal LG on the bottom seems not strong, but the good things it can be folded.

John
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:16 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,303 Posts
Thx for the hint, John.

There are 2 versions, one is foldable.

They both look nice for the price but as you mentioned the bottom joint doesn't look strong. The first one will only be attached with 1 clamp so I doubt it'll be a stable construction...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
I like the foldable one and need simple and strong joining than it will be perfect LG. Is it all component using CF ? And what the jointing made from, its kind of plastic or Alu?
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrobot View Post
I like the foldable one and need simple and strong joining than it will be perfect LG. Is it all component using CF ? And what the jointing made from, its kind of plastic or Alu?
It's all CF with CNCed aluminium parts.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:53 PM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Stupid question, but...

I cannot find motors connection diagram in Wiki.
I see a mixing table for Quad+, where motors 1-4 used:
[Throttle]
Motor1=100
Motor2=100
Motor3=100
Motor4=100
(etc)

But where are this numbers 1-4 on the frame? Is picture from APM Wiki correct? (its may be not too hard to add such images in Quadcopter Wiki, btw)
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:37 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
http://autoquad.org/wiki/frame-motor-mixing-table/
Took me a moment to figure it out too
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
But where are this numbers 1-4 on the frame? Is picture from APM Wiki correct? (its may be not too hard to add such images in Quadcopter Wiki, btw)
You pick the motor port numbers you want to use on the AQ board, which just makes it more flexible but also a bit more confusing. So the numbers you're seeing correspond to the numbered output ports on the AQ, as Mr. Westie pointed out. Which ports you choose is entirely up to you (whatever works best with your physical layout on the quad). That's why diagrams with numbered motors aren't very useful except as examples.

-Max
maximal is online now Find More Posts by maximal
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:41 PM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Yes, I understand that all pins can be remapped, but I want to see default settings, to be sure that my connections are ok.
It will be more easy to all, if standard configurations will be described in the wiki, as other controller manuals usually do. I think most users don't need to create own tables for most standard configurations Its too hard to make several popular presets and close this issue for all times?

I want to check, is +diagram from #1013 is correct for http://autoquad.org/wp-content/uploa...able_Quad+.txt ?

Btw, next stupid question What connection type is using for receiver? I cannot find it at the package, it looks to have 2mm pins. What is the name of it, I'll ask in the local shop.

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
#1013, no.

See attached.

Connection type is standard servo connector on port 14.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:12 PM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Thanks a lot.

About connector, I mean port on the picture, it smaller than standard servo connector (or you mean Futaba micro connector? I'll check it).
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,303 Posts
It's all in the documentation:

J7 is described in the attached PDF, also available in our DL section:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=22
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
954 Posts
There are no default settings for motor mixing... But I think you're right... there's been a lot of confusion lately about the motor mix table and why it exists (some people have gotten the idea that it's for tuning basic performance issues, which is incorrect). Providing some more examples and pre-made mixing tables (with diagrams! ) is on the to-do list.

That connector is a "Spectrum" radio type connector (JST ZR type)... tiny pins and a total pain to make if you aren't using a Spektrum satellite or have a pre-made connector/cable. Digikey housing and pins. What kind of Rx are you hooking up? There's a an s-bus inverter that Skookum makes which has the correct connector already (IIRC).

-Max
maximal is online now Find More Posts by maximal