SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
I guess what I mean is its required for all sbus receivers for the AQ. Almost all fbl units for helis that I have used never require anything either. If you look at the wiki it will show everything you need to get started. It also list needing some extra header pins for the ftdi but my board came with them so I don't know if the phase 2 shipment includes them now or the vendor that I purchased it from includes them.
getting started needed-extras/
skew is online now Find More Posts by skew
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
Here is a video of my first attempt from yesterday of a full mission as soon as I can get my landing waypoint figured out I should be good to go.
AutoQuad 6 (1 min 25 sec)
Last edited by skew; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:31 AM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
+1 skew
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Can someone tell me the polarity of the pins for the powering of the board?
(Don't had a connector in my package) so I'm planning to solder two wires with a regular female JST connector

I should read the wiki first...
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
Here is a video of my first attempt from yesterday of a full mission as soon as I can get my landing waypoint figured out I should be good to go.
http://youtu.be/ZTdXxIrJEes
Yeah! Thumbs up!
Have you already tried autolanding with the proposals being made?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
Landing was loaded on that mission but failed. I figured out after flying a few missions after that the Zero Altitude is stored at powerup not at arming or mission start. Because I was powering up and uploading mission on my bench then carrying it to launch site. The altitude at the end of the video is about the same as my bench. After I figured that out I started powering up on grass and uploading mission from there. It hovers about 6-8" at the end of a mission after changing my startup procedures. Hopefully I will get to tinker with it this week Im sure its something silly Im doing to cause it.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,250 Posts
skew: did you get better results yet?
Did you try to set a "-" sign to the landing height?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
not yet weather has took a turn for the worse plus time zone changed for winter and its dark @ 5:00 so not much time in the evenings. Looks like this weekend looks ok weather wise
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Kinda urgent

I want to start calibrating as fast as I can.. but I need to be sure if this is a good case.. Like that the condensation won't turn into water and then short circuit my board...

Bottom, sides and top is with foam, it's almost airtight but the cable still have to come out. AQ is in Zip lock bag and has a sillica gel pack on it. When freezing zip lock bag open?

Here a picture.. pretty tight everything.. it doesn't move.. took a small box for reducing the heat up time..

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:10 PM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
Kinda urgent

I want to start calibrating as fast as I can.. but I need to be sure if this is a good case.. Like that the condensation won't turn into water and then short circuit my board...

Bottom, sides and top is with foam, it's almost airtight but the cable still have to come out. AQ is in Zip lock bag and has a sillica gel pack on it. When freezing zip lock bag open?

Here a picture.. pretty tight everything.. it doesn't move.. took a small box for reducing the heat up time..

Thanks
AFAIK yes... ziplock OPEN during freezing then close zip and container before get out the freezer.

at least this how i do...
gionag is offline Find More Posts by gionag
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Thanks. DId it two times already but my gyroscope is doing bad. Something with the voltages.
More here: http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1801
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:06 PM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
As for me, my static calibration was failed.

I inserted SD card in controller, place it in freezer, take from it after 1 hour of freezing, connected power, waited then for 1 hour.
But see nothing on SD card, only SESSION.TXT was created in "6"number in it. No log files or something like them.

What I'm doing wrong?
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Tried other SD cards yet? Just try it without freezing.. It can save a lot of time.. The only time when you have to freeze it is when you know every sensor and sd card is working ok.. then you can start static calibrations
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:00 PM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Btw, it seems that number "6" is a file number for next attempt. Maybe numbers larger than 3 are not supported?

Made also 3 runs without freezing for 15 seconds: 1st test is ok, file was created. 2nd test is failed, file created but have 0 size, 3rd test is ok. Maybe when power switched off, file was not closed correctly. Now I've deleted all files, and put board in freezer again, hope all be nice.
Long quest anyway, why other boards are flying without it?
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
No I have more than 24 logs on my SD card. No problem.

Just test it before freezing...