HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:46 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
Rant! USPS!!!! Still no AQ6 board Its been sitting in sitting in Chicago since wed of last week no movement.
I've noticed that the tracking doesn't always continue correctly after sitting in the processing center for a while. I've gotten overseas packages delivered which still showed being stuck in NY or Chicago. That doesn't explain why your HK package already showed up though... but the USPS works in mysterious ways sometimes. The last one I got that went through Chicago then went to Minnesota, before coming to me in NY... go figure.

@jc, just make sure they're not gonna send it back before you get a chance to claim it! Yea, banks and post office... they don't actually want you coming there and bugging them.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Thanks, Max. Yeah, I have 15 days from yesterday. It's frustrating since everytime I order something overseas I go through this hassle. And it's not like the PO is even in a convenient location. Me and my "problems" lol
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
well my package showed up today. but major issue with it I have contacted the vender to see what I need to do about it. Looks like I will not be doing any freezing anytime soon now!

Update: Vender responded situation under control everything is being taken care of. Thanks
skew is offline Find More Posts by skew
Last edited by skew; Oct 25, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
What issue do you have?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:06 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Success

Out of the box (bag) It performed as expected.
Conditions were not great.
Poor frame/motors.
Overpowered.
Wind.

The alt hold was much better than what I could get from the MultiWii or Ardupilot(MegaPirate)
With tuning

Now to move it onto a better frame.
Do the dance.
Go out on some dates err missions
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:31 AM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
Hi,

I just tried to freeze to AQ, but it seems my Freezer only give -5 degree. I should fix my freezer or maybe its because normal freezer in my country. Can i freeze the quad only from -5 upto 60 degree ?
Im living in tropical environment 28 -32 normal room temperature.

I stuck on static calibration, i tried to put the AQ on freezer for 3 hour, but only -8 degree.
Any idea ?

Thanks,

John
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
Flybot, From what I gather is -8 should be ok as long as you don't plan on flying colder than that temp.
skew is offline Find More Posts by skew
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:40 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Success

Out of the box (bag) It performed as expected.
Conditions were not great.
Poor frame/motors.
Overpowered.
Wind.

The alt hold was much better than what I could get from the MultiWii or Ardupilot(MegaPirate)
With tuning

Now to move it onto a better frame.
Do the dance.
Go out on some dates err missions
Wait ... you flew it without calibrations?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Flyrobot: the needed temp calibration takes the surrounding climate into account.
If you'll never reach temps lower than -8 than it's ok.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrobot View Post
Hi,

I just tried to freeze to AQ, but it seems my Freezer only give -5 degree. I should fix my freezer or maybe its because normal freezer in my country. Can i freeze the quad only from -5 upto 60 degree ?
Im living in tropical environment 28 -32 normal room temperature.

I stuck on static calibration, i tried to put the AQ on freezer for 3 hour, but only -8 degree.
Any idea ?

Thanks,

John
The recommandation is to try and hit a temperature range that is 10 celsius above and below your expected flying temperature range.

In a tropical climate, the -5 to 60C will be fine and keep you covered for a range of 5C to 50C.

In your case, you might even get away with placing in the back of your fridge and getting it to around 0 celsius.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
sorry for the double post here and in the AQ forum, but i only have this weekend to get things right so i am trying to maximize my chances of getting a response in time

Okay guys. I am struggling a little Have 9 logs attempts behind me and i just can't get it perfect.

Last attempt now outside in this box away from anything !

File: boxlog

Temps are really strange. Outside temps are 10 C, board and static bag are warm after logging. Are these Y Axis numbers actually Celsius ?

File: outsidetemps

Inside also i can't get more than 22 C even if I let the logging go on for 80 mins. Or is it the blue line that states the right temps ?

File: insidetemps

Now Mag i just can't get it right. These are the outside results:

files: Outsidemag

These are the best results i got inside in the fireplace, in this run the ACC logs were crap. But in the following attempts i could not replicate the good MAG results ?

files: bestmag

Any inputs were I could still be messing up ?
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Wait ... you flew it without calibrations?
I did calibrate.

I was saying I will need to recalibrate after I move it to another frame.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:13 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
It does look like there is some bias in the temperature measurements coming from the 2 gyros (red and green in your plot). You will very rarely (more like never) see all 3 lines plotting exactly the same temperature, but your gyros run quite a bit lower than what I am used to seeing. The 3 plots do follow each other, so it looks like the 2 gyro temps are working normally apart from the bias.

The blue line is an onboard thermistor and will show a rough representation of the board temperature. But none of these are absolutes, there is tolerances involved in all eletronic parts, and ADC´s will also have slight variances from channel to channel.

The lower reported temps for your gyros should not be a problem since the temp compensation will compensate each gyro based on its individual temperature sensor and as long as the 3 curves follow, you should still get a good result. Its all about tracking relative changes of temperature, and your board will still do that despite the bias in the gyro temp readings.

Regarding the mags, the "bestmag" example is good - that is what you should aim for.

The "bubbles" you get in the Acc plot, is not a problem and its something often seen. The calibration software will be able to handle some noise.

As such, I dont think there is anything "wrong" with your board. But there is a a large Bias in the Gyro temps. You are welcome to send the board back for examination and gyro replacement based on that.

But I think that board should calibrate just as well as any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
sorry for the double post here and in the AQ forum, but i only have this weekend to get things right so i am trying to maximize my chances of getting a response in time

Okay guys. I am struggling a little Have 9 logs attempts behind me and i just can't get it perfect.

Last attempt now outside in this box away from anything !

File: boxlog

Temps are really strange. Outside temps are 10 C, board and static bag are warm after logging. Are these Y Axis numbers actually Celsius ?

File: outsidetemps

Inside also i can't get more than 22 C even if I let the logging go on for 80 mins. Or is it the blue line that states the right temps ?

File: insidetemps

Now Mag i just can't get it right. These are the outside results:

files: Outsidemag

These are the best results i got inside in the fireplace, in this run the ACC logs were crap. But in the following attempts i could not replicate the good MAG results ?

files: bestmag

Any inputs were I could still be messing up ?
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestion, today i called the refrigerator service centre to add some freon. In my country, its never have temp below than 10 degree in any place, even in the highest mountain and the coldest season.
Next week i will try to freeze it again after my refrigerator get some freon, let see how cold the freezer after that.
Now i need 3 hoursto get -5 degree.

John
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:14 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Hi John,
as explained before -5deg is good to go if you don't reach temps below +10deg.

No need to wait for the fridge service.
RCG Plus Member