Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:55 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
You are right.
It is 1.0.4 widget

i still hoping that fedex deliver my AQ this morning... i want to freeze it down
gionag is offline Find More Posts by gionag
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:57 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
That's the right version and link to the download page, but the graph you posted looks like from a much older version. Actually the link I get from the Download button is http://autoquad.org/wp-content/plugi...load.php?id=33

The AQ widget version is shown on the Flashing and Setup tab, under the Flashing Firmware section -- it should read "Version 1.0.4"

And yea, don't forget the container!

EDIT: just saw your screen shot... looks like correct version, so I don't understand why graphing screen looks different. Win7 x64 here too.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:15 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
I have a question... how aq firmware rely on ESC that has fixed-endpoints like my CC phoenix ?

theese esc are fixed at 900us -> 1850us... there's a way to tell to the software to use thoose limits as minimum and maximum ?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:41 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Yes, there are 3 options/parameters in AQ to control the min/max/start pulse widths. They're in Edit PIDs -> Special Settings -> Motor/Esc Settings -- Motor/Esc Start, MIN, and MAX. I think these correspond to the available Phoenix settings (I had to search to see if they've finally fixed the Phoenixes for MR use, and sounds like they have). I used to love those ESCs and used them exclusively in 'planes, until I found that the cheap Chinese ESCs (once they became available) ran some of my motors much smoother (and all of them at least as well).

-Max
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:25 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Yes, there are 3 options/parameters in AQ to control the min/max/start pulse widths. They're in Edit PIDs -> Special Settings -> Motor/Esc Settings -- Motor/Esc Start, MIN, and MAX. I think these correspond to the available Phoenix settings (I had to search to see if they've finally fixed the Phoenixes for MR use, and sounds like they have). I used to love those ESCs and used them exclusively in 'planes, until I found that the cheap Chinese ESCs (once they became available) ran some of my motors much smoother (and all of them at least as well).

-Max
so... perfect.

Yes with the 4.0.2 version of their firmware finally the multirotor runs perfectly.
i love the options for setting the timing and the startup power...

they aren't cheap... at all.. but i've found a very good bargain on ebay... so i've taken four of them.

Next step in my check list is to try Autoquad with ESC32
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:24 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
finally arrived... 6.6 r33 board 2 flashed and now it's time to log something
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
... first run in the freezer and checked for the logs...

maybe some transitional noise on the acc... but the worst thing (i think....) is the temp graph...

take a look... is it normal that one sensor read -60 ?

thanks
Last edited by gionag; Oct 22, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
Still Waiting on my AQ6 Tracking shows its been in Chicago since Wed of last week. I was hoping to get a start on Static calibrations while the weather was nice. But I do have my quad build now and all of the motors and props balanced almost ready to fly. I got to play with my new balancer last weekend anyway.
Name: Motor 1.jpg
Views: 83
Size: 67.1 KB
Description: Balanced W/8x4.5 PropName: Motor 2.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 136.6 KB
Description: Balanced W/8x4.5 PropName: Motor 3.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 170.0 KB
Description: Balanced W/8x4.5 PropName: Motor 4.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 181.0 KB
Description: Balanced W/8x4.5 Prop
skew is offline Find More Posts by skew
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:14 PM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
Still Waiting on my AQ6 Tracking shows its been in Chicago since Wed of last week. I was hoping to get a start on Static calibrations while the weather was nice. But I do have my quad build now and all of the motors and props balanced almost ready to fly. I got to play with my new balancer last weekend anyway.
Attachment 5250233Attachment 5250234Attachment 5250235Attachment 5250236
i want that tool
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skew View Post
Attachment 5250233Attachment 5250234Attachment 5250235Attachment 5250236
Care to share what tool that is? Looks pretty nice for really getting the last vibes out of your system
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Just checked my tracking number, looks like it shipped on Oct 9th. Not sure where it is right now. Hopefully, it's here soon!
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
154 Posts
jcmonty, its not mine but I have access to it from work its severely overkill for this but it works perfect. They are used to balance turbines & industrial fans. The cool thing about them it will tell you how much weight and where to put it kinda like a tire balancer. But the bad news is they start about 13k. The iPhone app everyone uses does a really nice job for free but you have to spend alot of time of trial and error to get it just right. Where this tool you can have it perfectly balanced in 3-5 spin up's of the motor
skew is offline Find More Posts by skew
Last edited by skew; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:53 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Looks like http://www.pruftechnik.com/vibxpert-...-balancer.html or the full-featured model. Quick check didn't come up with any pricing or how to buy it. I guess if you have to ask the price... you can't afford it! Sure looks nice though. What we need for motors is a mini wheel balancer... like they use for car wheels, but small. Those machines tell you exactly where to put the weight and how much it needs -- super easy to use.

EDIT: 13K.... LOL!

-Max
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Looks like http://www.pruftechnik.com/vibxpert-...-balancer.html or the full-featured model. Quick check didn't come up with any pricing or how to buy it. I guess if you have to ask the price... you can't afford it! Sure looks nice though. What we need for motors is a mini wheel balancer... like they use for car wheels, but small. Those machines tell you exactly where to put the weight and how much it needs -- super easy to use.

EDIT: 13K.... LOL!

-Max
there's people that spend 1k on the Wookong (i'm joking...)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,242 Posts
13k? You'll be getting a ton of the finest motors and handmade props on the market.

On the other hand: only the best is good enough for the AQ6 project!
We should list it under "recommended devices".

Bad vibes can kill all the fun. What's tolerable on a sports flyer is a no-go for smooth operations of flying cameras.
The AQ6 can't do wonders if you slap it on a cheap plastic frame and worn out motors. Same goes for any other highly integrated sensoric device.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member