OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
@kinderkram
Question. I was reading the wiki and found this:

The AutoQuad usually comes with two barometric sensors (only 1 baro in the public beta). They can be used for altitude measuring and differential measurements for airspeed monitoring.

But in all the pictures posted here there are 2 barometric sensors. So, tomorrow when it opens for public will it have the 2 barometric sensors? And if not, can we buy it later or something?

Thanks
Yes, the beta comes with only 1 baro. The second baro was meant for airspeed measuring on fixed wing airplanes which are in development (no ETA!) but don't make much sense on a copter except for redundancy or experimenting.
Skilled solderers will be able to add it later if needed.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:49 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
@kinderkram
Question. I was reading the wiki and found this:

The AutoQuad usually comes with two barometric sensors (only 1 baro in the public beta). They can be used for altitude measuring and differential measurements for airspeed monitoring.

But in all the pictures posted here there are 2 barometric sensors. So, tomorrow when it opens for public will it have the 2 barometric sensors? And if not, can we buy it later or something?

Thanks
1 barometric pressure sensor in the kit. The second sensor is intended to be used in for differential pressure measurements for airspeed in fixed wings. But as we dont support fixed wing (yet) and there is no noteable difference with using 2 pressure sensors with the current software, we decided to leave it out in the public beta.

If there is demand for the extra sensor, we can take them home and offer them as optional extra. Otherwise they can be gotten from places like DigiKey, Mouser and Farnell.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:49 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Was the demo video with what the kit comes with (board + GPS) or optional add-ons like the VN-100? Irregardless, it is impressive!
That AQ flightcontroller in that video was stock and no VN-100, what was used though is the AutoQuad ESC32.

I've created a little vid this morning in a bit windy weather and not so carefully setup with stock AutoQuad flightcontroller and reflashed F-20 ESC's and the available beta firmware.

AutoQuad Orbit mode (1 min 53 sec)

Nothing to it, android phone to set the commands and of you go..

Menno
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:56 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarteam View Post
That AQ flightcontroller in that video was stock and no VN-100, what was used though is the AutoQuad ESC32.

I've created a little vid this morning in a bit windy weather and not so carefully setup with stock AutoQuad flightcontroller and reflashed F-20 ESC's and the available beta firmware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKU5e-N7D5U
Nothing to it, android phone to set the commands and of you go..

Menno
Bill and the team has done a great job in developing this platform! Hmm..might have to get a PWM to SBus encoder while waiting for PPM support..
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
I really need someone to hide my credit cards until the first batch are sold out...
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:29 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
I really need someone to hide my credit cards until the first batch are sold out...
Send it over to me - I'll make good use of it!

Don't worry - the boards will sell like sliced bread so you don't have to hold ya breath for too long.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:42 AM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
667 Posts
Sounds really nice, but way out of my price range for an FC.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:34 PM
Tha DuDe!
Puerto Rico, Caguas
Joined Jun 2005
4 Posts
Great work...

It is a shame that you aim for the high end. :-(

Good luck OK!
MoisDude is offline Find More Posts by MoisDude
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
similar mk hardware costs ~640€ // dji wkm ~900€
so ~380€ for aq is still to expensive?
at this price we could have naza+gps which have a rock solid features....
for me this board is overprice.....on top of that they claim to us it s a beta firmware..at this price it s a joke!!if it was a finish product all will be good but it s not the case..sorry but it s what i think!
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:51 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
for me this board is overprice.....on top of that they claim to us it s a beta firmware..at this price it s a joke!!if it was a finish product all will be good but it s not the case..sorry but it s what i think!
If you don't want to pay that much for it .. why are you still looking here ?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:00 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoisDude View Post
Great work...

It is a shame that you aim for the high end. :-(

Good luck OK!
Thanks!

But I don't think it's a shame trying to play among the best - or even top them.

When I saw Bill's flight video of the AQ5 over a year ago my chin dropped and I was asking myself why for heaven's sake nobody is producing this board.
It had everything timecop has ever asked for (except ppm sum), lol!

Coming from the ArduPirates we've decided to go the AutoQuad route after having developed/produced several fc & imu boards for KK/MultiWii/MegaPirates.

It was time to go for something new and although it took over a year of development there are still very few comparable boards in that price range.
The MultiPilot doesn't have its own codebase (using ArduCopter ports) and the OpenPilot Revolution is still in development...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:06 PM
J'ai remis la purée
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
No problem, we can't please everybody and everyone is in title to his/hers own opinion. We call it beta because we don't have a large flying crowd yet. And be honest, what is not in constant beta, gmail has been in beta for 5 years

But, price won't change, features will grow but only in the pace we feel it'll be good so it will probably not suit everyone.

Nevertheless thanks for your opinion
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2010
8 Posts
[deleted] yes it is unfair to post about a different product on someones elses product page.

Cheers
esden is offline Find More Posts by esden
Last edited by esden; Jul 03, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:21 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Regardless of what the project is, I think it is poor form to post about it in someone else's product announcement thread.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Last edited by Blucross; Jul 03, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:25 PM
J'ai remis la purée
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esden View Post
Great job guys with providing a fully integrated autopilot solution.

I think there is a comparable fully autonomous solution out there though. And it is Lisa/M. It misses the GPS module that Autoquad hardware has built in that is correct. So that would be additional $50 for an UBLOX 10Hz update rate module ontop of the $250 for Lisa/M with IMU mounted.

And it has Open-Source software as well as Open-Source Hardware. The software is for Fixed wings, Multicopters as well as hybrid transitioning vehicles.

It is part of the Paparazzi UAV project.

Still don't get me wrong! I think Autoquad board looks awesome and I think the idea with the upgrade modules is very very good! I just feel like it is unfair to leave out systems that actually have a comparable feature list.

Cheers Esden
Paparazzi is wonderfull, one of the developers is a frequent visitor of the field I fly. And yes, they can do that and a lot more but paparazzi is hardly for the mortal souls, very science driven. I was allowed to watch a presentation that was tailored for search and rescue couple months ago and it was great. But with a lot of university power behind it then can do wonderful things. Our team is somewhat smaller.
Last edited by joebarteam; Jul 03, 2012 at 01:42 PM.