to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:30 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Well... AFAIK it works for everyone who is currently using PPM and posts on the AQ forums, including me (I'm using FrSky D8R-XP Rx with built-in PPM output). I'm not really sure how many people that includes though, the majority I think are using Spectrum and that is certainly the most tested RC solution so far. So PPM is ready for more testers, yes... But it's certainly not gong away at this point, it works, and if any issues are found, they'll be fixed.

-Max
At this point is the failsafe setup like the MK in PPM were the board goes into failsafe on its own if the PPM signal is lost. I am asking due to the Graupner HOTT radio PPM problem. When the signal is lost the rx'er stops putting out any PPM output it goes back into PWM.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:31 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gionag View Post
What is that ?
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/develo...ve-controller/
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:37 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Are the newest beta boards the same hardware wise as the last batch of beta boards or are they changing as they go in anyways?
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:19 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
At this point is the failsafe setup like the MK in PPM were the board goes into failsafe on its own if the PPM signal is lost. I am asking due to the Graupner HOTT radio PPM problem. When the signal is lost the rx'er stops putting out any PPM output it goes back into PWM.
Yes, it detects PPM signal loss and goes into failsafe mode. The Rx failsafe (if any) must be disabled for this to happen properly. I'm not familiar with the HOTT PPM problem to comment on that specifically, but as long as the Rx stops sending valid PPM, it should work.
Quote:
Are the newest beta boards the same hardware wise as the last batch of beta boards or are they changing as they go in anyways?
There's only one small change in a resistor value on the new batch. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/gettin...r-6.1-r2-board

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
What is Spectrum Satellite?

I have heard this term before, (Spectrum Satelite), but I don't know what it means. A little help please! Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Last edited by rkenosha; Oct 06, 2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: added word
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:36 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Nice one, Frank!
I see you sold your Zero UAV for good reasons.

What's the dome you're using btw?
The German one
http://www.megaskoptershop.de/index....9ce9eb759bb86f

Same as you have?

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Feb 2012
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Here's the relevant thread discussing issues with the Futaba SBE-1 converter: http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=951

Bottom line is that 2 people (including myself) have reported a "signal loss" issue with certain channel/position combinations, and no one has chimed in with contrary findings. There's a chance that both of us share some other setup issue which caused this, but that doesn't seem very likely (we're using different radios and even different signal inverters, also I have tried this with 2 different Rx, 2.4GHz and 72MHz).

Would be very interesting to know if a different S.Bus encoder would work. But test carefully on the ground, and maybe have a backup plan as well.

PPM does work nicely in the latest code, although at the moment there isn't an official release of the compiled firmware yet with working PPM support. But you can compile your own or ask someone on the forums to do it for you., and hopefully a new pre-compiled version is coming up soon since there have been some other good updates in the last couple weeks.

-Max
This is correct. I was using an S.Bus converter with my A9 (which is an awesome radio) but the issues were too risky so now Im using a DX6i. It would be nice if Hitec released a RX with PPM sum but until then I may go with a DX8 or maybe try the PPM conveter, I havent decided.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
I have heard this term before, (Spectrum Satelite), but I don't know what it means. A little help please! Thanks rkenosha
The small one is the satellite

epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:15 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
It's a receiver addon for radios by Spektrum:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR9020
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
How can I access that? I get to the word press login, and no matter what I do it won't log me in.
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:46 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
It referred to this link. Basically it would replace the PID controller.

http://mechse.illinois.edu/sites/ind...aptive+control
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Oh ok. thought it was a talk on how AQ can implement. Regardless, i am keenly interested in the idea. From what I remember in my flight controls class, adaptive control algorithms have definite advantages over classical control, and a "learning" system would be awesome.
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Yes, L1 adaptive control for AQ is something that Bill has been working on. I think it will be the next evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Oh ok. thought it was a talk on how AQ can implement. Regardless, i am keenly interested in the idea. From what I remember in my flight controls class, adaptive control algorithms have definite advantages over classical control, and a "learning" system would be awesome.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:12 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Beta part II

Second half of the Beta boards has just come from factory and have passed Inspection and testing.

They will be put up for sale on Viacopter and Flyduino on Tuesday 9th of October @ 18:00 CEST.

Limited quantity - they will be sold on a "first come, first served" basis.

If you bought a Beta board from Viacopter, you are qualified for a 10 percent rebate on a second board. Send an Email to the shop mail with your original order number to take advantage of this offer.

Forum news notice:

http://forum.autoquad.org/viewtopic....3&p=5820#p5820
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member