Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
I hope some store will offer this already with all the connectors, fully calibrated and configured. I really would like to put this on my coming HL octo, today I'm using a YS-X6 on a Skyjib 6 and Hoverfly on a smaller hexa but I really want to try AQ6.

When it becomes avaiable again is it possible to pay an extra to have it almost ready at least?

Thanks
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:47 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,186 Posts
Dunno if someone will offer this service for the beta run (next batch will be in September) but I'm pretty sure we'll see this in the future.
What makes it more expensive is the fact that you need to ship your frame fully assembled forth and back - or buy one ARF/RTF.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:52 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
There is plans to sell Complete RTFs and offer setup/calibration services from Viacopter. But we are still in Beta, and we need to have that done before expanding the options...
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Can you calibrate for someone remotely if tey live in a different declination?
DaveyWavey is offline Find More Posts by DaveyWavey
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:04 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyWavey View Post
Can you calibrate for someone remotely if tey live in a different declination?
Yah, sure. Mag inclination and declination can be set manually afterwards - as with all user adjustable parameters.

Otherwise you'd need to do a full Calibso each time you travel with your aircraft - which wouldn't make too much fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:32 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Boring video to test video downlink range/quality and get an idea of how the gimbal stabilization is performing. Some details in vid description.
Need to improve camera vibration isolation and some more FC tuning.

Gimbal and frame mounted views (10 min 57 sec)
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:43 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
There is plans to sell Complete RTFs and offer setup/calibration services from Viacopter. But we are still in Beta, and we need to have that done before expanding the options...
Yesterday 5 minutes after receiving the email regarding availability for the new batch of autoquads I have placed and order on viacopter.

My company does professional AP and we also build RTF systems for many customers in Spain, you can check our work on http://www.multicoptercanarias.com

We always tried to build and use systems with a different approach to the ones other manufacturers use choosing their electronics (DJI, MK, ETC) and would really like to give a try to your board for a possible use on our RTF multis.

Being in the Canary Islands ,Spain we not only have beautiful weather all year long (that really helps a lot) but we are also a VAT excluded zone having our own local taxes thus have to clear customs and pay them when receiving parts as stated by the European Comission directive: Directive 2006/112/EC

More info regarding this here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...s/index_en.htm

I did not find an option on Viacopter for removing the 25% VAT applied and sent them an email but had no answer yet.

I really dont want to lose time and start with my tests as soon as possible abd if possible try doing apports to the AQ community, so Im really afraid of loosing this batch.

Please tell mw how should I proceed.

Thanks
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Boring video to test video downlink range/quality and get an idea of how the gimbal stabilization is performing. Some details in vid description.
Need to improve camera vibration isolation and some more FC tuning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjZR9aJlN_g
Can you give details of your setup. Did you process your video for stabilization
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Last edited by farooq_niaZ; Aug 28, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:44 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,186 Posts
Hi apejovic, welcome to the club!

Jussi's shop is registered for export so this should work in your case.
The shop system usually selects it automatically but I guess you can only select Spain which is part of the EU.

Please contact him again - he has very few boards available from the latest batch:
http://viacopter.eu/index.php?page=s...mart&Itemid=53

Norbert
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:00 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq_niaZ View Post
Can you give details of your setup. Did you process your video for stabilization
The main video was run through a Deshaker filter on mild settings. Didn't seem to make too much difference.
I made a prototype mounting plate out of plywood to hang the batteries and gimbal from. The main video is from a cam mounted to the AQ stabilized gimbal. The inset video is from a video downlink cam hard mounted to the plate.
My plywood mounting plate is too flexible despite the addition of CF tow. It is introducing vibration into the video.

Main reason for this test was to check video downlink range/quality and what the gimbal does. It is interesting to see how much work it does.
The PosHold and nav capabilities of AQ6.6 is smooth and predictable.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:14 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Stare at a tree?

Default PIDs except for altitude hold.. Pretty good baseline in my opinion but I think there is still more tuning available to tighten it up in gusty conditions.

Autoquad v6.6r19 Position Hold in gusty and turbulent breeze. (2 min 45 sec)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
very impressive!! GoFaster.
Did you just follow the build steps on the website? How many channels do you actually need to fly (+position hold) and control the gimbal. I have a 7 channel radio (Futaba T7c). Is a 7 channel Transmitter enough
roxyboby is offline Find More Posts by roxyboby
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:08 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
943 Posts
Right now 7 channels is enough to fly with, but for manually tilting the gimbal you need channel 8. I'm not sure why 8 was chosen since ch. 5 is not used for anything currently, but that's the way it is. I'm sure it could be changed in the code, but you'd have to be comfortable with that sort of thing...

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:42 AM
J'ai remis la pure
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Right now 7 channels is enough to fly with, but for manually tilting the gimbal you need channel 8. I'm not sure why 8 was chosen since ch. 5 is not used for anything currently, but that's the way it is. I'm sure it could be changed in the code, but you'd have to be comfortable with that sort of thing...

-Max
Well, in the beginning there only was need for a few..
AQ needs 2 channels with 3 positions switches and on the radio's we use that is normally the flaps (6) and aux2 (7). The gear (5) is only a 2 pos switch.
On other radio's that can be different obviously and we need to move the channel assignments to params instead of hardcoded. That will surely happen in time but now you know the reason for the channel use..

Menno
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:11 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
943 Posts
Thanks Menno. Makes sense. Having used a MPX Evo for years, I forget that "typical" radios have the control-to-channel mappings pre-set.

And yea, to make my previous answer to roxyboby more specific... you need at least a 7 channel radio with 3-way switches on channels 6 & 7.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal