Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:49 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Hi There.
I see 7 PWM outputs, are you gonna do Octo setup.. ?
To see the Lady in her whole pride you can view the 3D animation at the bottom of this page:
http://autoquad.org/about
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:51 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
To see the Lady in her whole pride you can view the 3D animation at the bottom of this page:
http://autoquad.org/about
This animation don't work.
I have see it yesterday but it's a fix image.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:55 AM
Underwater Helicopter Badge
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
How do we know that we won't get the same experience as that other open source system, Arducopter? After spending around $2k on it, I've yet to get a decent RTL out of it, let alone an autonomous flight. Every firmware update solves some problems and introduces new ones. Its a permanent beta, and we the users get to do free testing for them while they make money off the hardware.

How is your project approach and methodology different?
John141 is offline Find More Posts by John141
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:59 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
This animation don't work.
I have see it yesterday but it's a fix image.
Ok, checked in different browsers again: it works in Opera, Chrome (Iron) and Safari.
It only shows a static image in I.E. and Firefox.

At least it says "14 general purpose PWM controllers / receivers (powered or un-powered)" in the specs...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:01 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Ok, checked in different browsers again: it works in Opera, Chrome (Iron) and Safari.
It only shows a static image in I.E. and Firefox.

At least it says "14 general purpose PWM controllers / receivers (powered or un-powered)" in the specs...
Yes i was reading the whole specification there. It does say it... sorry.
I have also tested in Firefox and I.E. so i confirm that they are static.

I have to start drawing of a Quad specfic for that..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Feb 2009
567 Posts
Ok I want to buy one where can I get it.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:13 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Hi There.
I see 7 PWM outputs, are you gonna do Octo setup.. ?
This one show it better - 14 PWM with 4 individual timers.

I urge anyone that thinks this is a great deal (it is) to read the first post very carefully again - Autoquad is very much still beta, and setting one up requires patience, skill and determination...

Anyone who thinks it is easy and expects it to be a replacement for any of the "out the box" controllers, will be in for a grave dissapointment!!!
Do yourself a favor and read the wiki sections about calibration and setup very carefully before jumping onboard.

We are very confident that people who understands multirotors will appreciate what we are doing here, and will realize just how amazing this is! We hope that you will take on the challenge of setting up an AQ to help us test and build better documentation and community support for the system!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:29 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
Ok I want to buy one where can I get it.
Here: http://www.viacopter.eu
and here: http://flyduino.net

Both mentioned in Jussi's initial post btw.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:37 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
I have to start drawing of a Quad specfic for that..
I won't hold you back, my friend!

Let the ideas flow!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:42 AM
Green slimy creature
Kyiv, Ukraine
Joined Jun 2010
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John141 View Post
How do we know that we won't get the same experience as that other open source system, Arducopter? After spending around $2k on it, I've yet to get a decent RTL out of it, let alone an autonomous flight. Every firmware update solves some problems and introduces new ones. Its a permanent beta, and we the users get to do free testing for them while they make money off the hardware.

Let me try to give you an answer as a person, who own an Arducopter and have very much the same experience as yourself with it. The main difference is - before going to public beta AutoQuad team spent a lot of time on internal testing, bugfixes, etc. There were several iterations of hardware and software development cycle prior to deciding that it is probably ready to be tested by others. Currently I have an older version of AQ board and software (6.1) which dates back to last autumn and it flies much, much better then my Arducopter ever did. As an example let me show you a short video of position hold. Again: this is an old controller/firmware version with reflashed Turnigy ESCs and cheap KDA motors.

AutoQuad 6.1 Position Hold test (1 min 37 sec)

You can also find a lot of similar videos on youtube which might convince you that declared features really work for team members using different frames/hardware/whatever. If you happen to live (relatively) close to one of team members you might also be able to see it for yourself

Now, that said, the very definition of BETA is that it is not intended for everyone and you should not expect it to be completely hassle free. If you prefer to be on the safe side, you might as well play the waiting game and see what others will say

Igor
Lyagukh is offline Find More Posts by Lyagukh
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:56 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John141 View Post
One main difference is: our team leader is Bill Nesbitt, hw designer and chief coder in one person. He flies the aircrafts he develops himself!

Software releases will only occur on thoroughly tested firmware - experimental firmwares are only for developers and marked as such.

I've been a ArduCopter team member for some time until I decided to go an own route for the ArduPirate and MegaPirate. You will recognize many "ex"-Pirates in the team. Honest and upright guys who won't hide behind the desk when trouble occurs - we stand for what we offer.
If there's a bug in the code - we will tell you. And we won't release it until we're sure it's working.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:01 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
710 Posts
APM v1 and ardupirates was one of my favorite FCs ;^)
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:04 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
cheaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
great news!a newer plateform on the market
just a suggestion:
if you want sell your board you shloud have a better price because it s almost more expansive than a naza+gps........
As arduino envisioners predicted...what u r paying here is mostly software...not hardware....thats why I asked about unlimited range...just that feature makes any discussion about price ridiculous...

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:11 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
APM v1 and ardupirates was one of my favorite FCs ;^)
Me, too!
Oh, the good ole times! R.I.P.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:19 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post
As arduino envisioners predicted...what u r paying here is mostly software...not hardware....thats why I asked about unlimited range...just that feature makes any discussion about price ridiculous...

Saludos,
Jose
Once you compared feature lists and prices with the major player you'll see that there's nothing that comes near our Lady!

MK for example needs extra (expensive) hardware for the POI - we don't.
For using it professionally you need to buy an expensive license.
Not to mention DJI where you have to pay 1300$ for a software upgrade.

Our competitors will need to adjust their price politics when they want to keep up with the development...
RCG Plus Member