HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:11 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarteam View Post
Note sure what you want with gimbal and mixing.
Then you can take any free port for gimbal servo's.
I use port 10 & 14, you set those using a parameter, no need to compile then hardcoded (as of fw 6.6).
Thanks Menno!

I think what I was missing was the "set those using a parameter" part. I was trying to figure out how to setup the roll/tilt servos in the mixing table in the GUI instead. How does one set parameters w/out recompiling? Or did I miss it in the GUI somewhere?

Hey, don't get me wrong, the docs are great! I'm sure this all took a lot of effort. And thanks for taking more time to answer questions here.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:14 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyWavey View Post
Im thinking of adding some silica gel sachets in my plastic freezing box to remove any moisture while warming.
I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I read about the moisture issue. Those things work great for moisture removal.

-Max
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:24 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Quote:
Compiling, no not really if you use crossworks, a very short intro is on the wiki, that is something that needs to be enhanced, but after three weeks documenting wiki pages I'm a bit empty
Whoops, just found that part of the wiki. I kept clicking on the sub-links but never checked the main Development page. Sorry! The writeup already has everything I wanted to know.

-Max
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:26 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Silica sachets are a good idea if you live in a very humid environment. Team members living in very humid conditions has also placed the board inside a small ziplock bag to minimize the amount of air around the board than can condensate. The bag and board is then still placed inside a small insulated container.

Most boards was shipped yesterday, the rest will go out today. Flyduino is covering some orders for me, so dont be alarmed if you get a package from Paul. I will update orders with tracking numbers later today.

I do know that the "analyze data" section of the Wiki is incomplete. I will add the missing stuff on sunday when I am back from visiting my family.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:31 AM
Belgium
Joined Sep 2010
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
So this could be the solution for all the frysky, turnigy, eurgle tx users amongst us??
leopold1 is offline Find More Posts by leopold1
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:18 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopold1 View Post
So this could be the solution for all the frysky, turnigy, eurgle tx users amongst us??
Yes this could be a possible solutuion - but untested yet.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:26 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,409 Posts
Gents,
For moisture absorption, a bit of one of your wife's or GF's old nylon stockings filled with seveveral tablespoonsful of rice will work too
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I read about the moisture issue. Those things work great for moisture removal.

-Max
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:21 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
Thanks Menno!

I think what I was missing was the "set those using a parameter" part. I was trying to figure out how to setup the roll/tilt servos in the mixing table in the GUI instead. How does one set parameters w/out recompiling? Or did I miss it in the GUI somewhere?

Hey, don't get me wrong, the docs are great! I'm sure this all took a lot of effort. And thanks for taking more time to answer questions here.

-Max
Hi Max,

That one parameter is not (yet) in the main gui. We still have to decide if such a param will end up in that screen because as you can imagine, the screen real estate is somewhat limited
I have an example how to read / set all params that exists in the wiki, but it is kinda hidden. Will make a note of it to give it a more prominent place.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoqu...was-succesfull

In this screen all available params grouped by sort can be found and directly set, saved and stored. That gimbal setting is under.. guess what: gmbl

All this can be done with the android app as well if you like.
Menno
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:36 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
Oh o I understand its some times frustrating trying to decide the next controller so I like to know the diff. And what sets them apart. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question I will Dec. Be keeping an eye on this one
Thanks,

Personally I'm avoiding comparing FC's. I have openpilot, megapirate (apm 1), AutoQuad and kk, so I know what is different but it only takes a couple of words before a thread becomes a better this FC, better that FC thread

The AutoQuad 'is' difficult at first because of the calibration, but then the changes of flying without tuning are high.
APM is not too difficult to setup, but often needs more tuning afterwards. I know a large number of followers have very good or satisfying results, I do too. The same goes for OpenPilot, they are by far the easiest to get in the air with very good results, note that the current OpenPilot board is not equipped with navigational hardware. (but future Revo will). Their GroundStation is a work of art.

You could have a look at Jim's (jesolin) large multirotor info thread, almost all known flightcontrollers are mentioned there.
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Quote:
I have an example how to read / set all params that exists in the wiki, but it is kinda hidden. Will make a note of it to give it a more prominent place.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoqu...was-succesfull
Yep, that's exactly what I was missing. Thanks! No CLI and no compiling, sweet.
Quote:
All this can be done with the android app as well if you like.
Very cool!

Cheers,
-Max
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
53 Posts
Hello Autoquad people

Does anyone have experience or data with larger or heavier props (say 10x4.5 APC or 11x3.8 APC weightwise) ?
What about location of FC in relation to CG (is front/back/L/R offset possible)?
Performance degradation when used as above?

Jim
Aerofreak is offline Find More Posts by Aerofreak
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:55 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
BTW I just noticed that the Orange R710 and R910 receivers have s-bus output, supposedly Futaba compatible. Not sure that would be helpful to anyone here (since AQ already interfaces with Spektrum), but perhaps it presents some possibilities...

-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:30 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,199 Posts
"The OrangeRx will work with ANY Aircraft Spektrum DSM2 2.4Ghz transmitter."
They don't mention Futaba...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:16 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
S-bus output is implied to be Futaba s-bus servo/gyro compatible, not Futaba Tx compatible.

"1 Port S.BUS OUT - Works with S.BUS servos and GY750. "

Although the only mention of "Futaba" is this vaguely worded line in the manual:

"S. Bus is a multi channel signal out mode similar to the Futaba system"

-Max

PS. I'm not advocating using a $20 Rx with a $1K multicopter/camera setup.
Last edited by maximal; Jul 08, 2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
The futaba s-bus converter works just fine with the AR8000 on both Wkm and YS-X6. I cant see why it wont work with the AQ.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood