HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:07 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
RidgeHogs,

whats the deal here? are you selling to us Hobbiest or what?

Just askin' bro
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Sorry for all the confusion - maybe a bit late in the night to put up that post

To answer all the questions/concerns:

1. I am a concept developer/creative director (day job). As you know I have designed and developed all sorts of aircraft (prototypes) with many benefits (mainly strength) for pilots such as you.

2. Takes a great deal of finances to bring these to market as well as time to sort out manufacturing plants. I would love to "hand make" them for you, but no time to do it, plus it would cost too much (hours to make).

3. I have someone VERY keen to help me set these up so I can make them in mass for pilots round the globe. This will allow a cost effective product which we can then ship in bulk to storehouses round the globe (instead of one at a time from here in New Zealand).

4. This investor loves jets, but is also keen to see what sort of interest there are in these electric gliders. The last post of mine (and the whole idea of this forum) is to see who would be interested. I wanted to show the build, get suggestions of how to better it and list what I think are the points of difference on this aircraft.

5. Time, yes it takes time - If I had enough finances, these would have been on the shelf a long time ago Frustrating for me as the weeks roll by knowing I have something exciting ready to roll out..... Finances, always seems to come down to that.

Thank you for your patients, all I can do is work as hard as I can to see these available DIRECTLY to you at a great price. To do so I need to make in mass, and to do this I need finances to roll them out. It all takes time....

Thanks pilots, hope this has cleared up some concerns.
Ridgehogs is offline Find More Posts by Ridgehogs
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:52 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
useless to us if you cannot make these powered gliders.....

just sayin'....
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
useless to us if you cannot make these powered gliders.....

just sayin'....
TRUE!

Agree and understand.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Progress Report

Progress report on the TR035

Good new, but sad news as well....

Good news is that we are starting the "manufacturing" process. Had a great meeting to sort out everything to get these produced. Being new to this (manufacturing) there is a HEAP of things to allow for, plus all that is needed to create these in mass (production).

Bad news is we will be a year away Yes I know, so for all those who have followed my progress from "prototype" to posting on this forum for suggestions on "development" - we are a while away yet. In my mind from the development to the "manufacture" was easy - well fast, but not as fast as I would like (and all you pilots).

In the meantime I am doing the e-commerce side of the website and will continue to file interested parties details... So for know all I can say is thanks for everyone who commented and helped with their suggestions on improvements.

I will keep you all up to date.

P.S. Here is what I am thinking of the new website...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:30 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,089 Posts
Color me still skeptical but,
"oh and is indestructible!! " (post #1)
&
"FEATURES - IMPACT RESISTANT" (website page)

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........doesn't sound much like 'mission accompli' ?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,475 Posts
"A year away". A year can and usually does become a year and a half, then 2 years, then maybe nothing. I think by then, you'll have a completely new set of interested buyers. You may as well make a brand new gala introduction when you have something to offer. For now, this will just fade away.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:42 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
"A year away"....

but that time, there will be a better, newer idea from you....

Sorry to say, but this was a waste of time.
UNSubcribed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.
this was useless!
You started this thread in July....

JUst Sayin'....
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:38 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts
Any updates to the 'useless' thread....

j/k :-)