HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
For me as a beginner......

No rudder = No sale. I'm still learning on 3 channels. The beauty of the Radian is its simplicity and its value. If you can make a product which is easily configurable from basic sailplane all the way up to a high performer, then so much the better. Think value!

I live in Texas where there just isn't a lot of sloping going on in my area. We chase thermals.

How about some close up photos. Lots of them. Inside and out.

Also if this is so tough how about a video of some intentional crashes demonstrating its strength. Show us what happens when you bang a wing on a tree limb or crash land.
gmtx77 is offline Find More Posts by gmtx77
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:37 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2004
621 Posts
Testing

This model needs exposure and field testing in other countries.

I have the time and the inclination, and I am not asking for free models, just a chance to buy and demonstrate to the people I fly with.

Iain
rev.iain is offline Find More Posts by rev.iain
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:50 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Monitoring progress of this model with great interest, particularly eventual price point.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:06 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
120 Posts
Have you offered any experienced "players" here in the forum or other a model at cost or discount to provide feedback or a review for independent assessment ??, this might be your best marketing....
KF
RV4flyr is offline Find More Posts by RV4flyr
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Nov 2008
476 Posts
Base on the look and craftmanship of these glider, they are almost looks like custom made, If the performance was proven, I can hardly believe they couldn't sell even a little more money. Very nice, made one want to learn flying a glider too.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:03 PM
KK4BTL
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Feb 2011
219 Posts
Interested here too...

D
dustydonnay is offline Find More Posts by dustydonnay
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Hi Pilots,

Well I can get back onto this as I have just finished a new custom design for the EDF jet pilot, so now I can focus on feeding this thread more info.

Just an FYI - here is the finished product I am looking at bringing to market as well....
Ridgehogs is offline Find More Posts by Ridgehogs
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,218 Posts

...."we want the powered glider"....

p.s.
nice EDF jet, but not interested

LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:41 AM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
837 Posts
subscribed
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Ridgehogs TR035 Build

Hi pilots,

It has been a while sorry - I am still here all fit and well, and EXCITED to get back onto this. As you may know I am doing multiple builds, one of which is a two meter EDF jet.

This build however is compared to something of beauty, rather than all out muscle. To those who posted wanting a rudder, I have re designed the fuse to accommodate this.

I will start to upload the build for you, first I will start with a picture of what our pure EPP slope kit comes like. The one I am building will have all the fruit including the new graphics package voted on (even though slightly altered )...

Stay tuned!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:36 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
837 Posts
sweet......
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Mar 2010
147 Posts
So - is there a glider that can be actually bought (for a glider virgin :-)?

I have been flying planes for a while now and have flown the foamy trash-can spawn (Fichsler and company) so I would like to progress. Thus - I want a more "capable" glider. Not sure what "capable" means, exactly, but reasonably fast (well, ok, unreasonably fast is also good), penetration, thermalling (I have no idea what I am talking about, mind you).

As for controls - I am not counting channels, I am counting servos - two ailerons, rudder, elevator (4 servos, 4 channels) and a throttle - a 5 channel ship. Flaps are nice and can give ya lots of stuff, but can be left out for modders or advanced versions.

My $0.0002.

M
mixerfix is offline Find More Posts by mixerfix
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerfix View Post
So - is there a glider that can be actually bought (for a glider virgin :-)?

I have been flying planes for a while now and have flown the foamy trash-can spawn (Fichsler and company) so I would like to progress. Thus - I want a more "capable" glider. Not sure what "capable" means, exactly, but reasonably fast (well, ok, unreasonably fast is also good), penetration, thermalling (I have no idea what I am talking about, mind you).

As for controls - I am not counting channels, I am counting servos - two ailerons, rudder, elevator (4 servos, 4 channels) and a throttle - a 5 channel ship. Flaps are nice and can give ya lots of stuff, but can be left out for modders or advanced versions.

My $0.0002.

M
Hi M,

Yea, this one is great for the novice flyer - I know you shouldn't do it, but it freaks people out when this ship is in the air and I put the controller on the ground and walk a few steps back. This is to show that people "overfly" their planes. Once balanced/tuned in right, you can enjoy the ship.

As far as timing on this product, posting on this forum is to test the forum members response. I have an investor who is keen on rolling these out, this however will be 12 months away But in saying that we will need to produce a pile of pre production models to demonstrate at international events.

Price wise, this composite sailplane will be priced mid range, but let us get some more feedback once this prototype is loaded on here showing all the detail.

Cheers
G
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:08 AM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Ridgehogs TR035 Sailplane Wing

Keeping it simple.

The new Ridgehogs TR035 Wing. 2.4 meter span.

More to come as the build continues. I will post some detailed images as well.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Here is the tail section, the whole tail section can remove with a few screws. I have added a rudder also, this allows this big sailplane to fit in the back parcel tray of a small car.