Description: Looking Good Everyone!
Zia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zia Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:28 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Looking around the other 4*20 threads would be good. Virtually every 4*40 ever electrocuted had some form of fuselage top battery hatch. I built my electrocution in 1998 and cribbed the top hatch off one I'd seen two years before that. As mine was done with Sig's knowledge for a magazine review feature, they knew how it was done.

So that ittybitty bottom hatch ahead of the UC is somewhat baffling. Your model is sitting on it's wheels in the pits begging you to fly it - which is the best place for the hatch to fuel her up with a charged battery and go fly - top or bottom?

To get more technical - the kit hatch allows for a short maximum length of pack with no fore and aft movement to help fix an errant CG. The top hatches many fitted instead allow for using different length packs and some pack movement for balancing.

Regards

Dereck
Who might still fall off the wagon and buy a kit, but it will get a top hatch...
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Closed Thread