HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Discussion
Precision Aerobatics, Extra 260 or Bandit

I am looking at purchasing a PA 3D plane and tossed between the Extra 260 and Bandit. Never owned a 3D plane and this would be my first. Any advise in helping me with my decision would be appreciative.
AZimmerer is offline Find More Posts by AZimmerer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:25 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,452 Posts
Both are amazing airplanes!, i would say the bandit on 3s is as easy as the extra 260. The Addiction X and Addiction would also be great options for you especially since you are looking for a first 3d plane! the addictions are quite a bit slower which give you a lot more time to think and react. www.addiction3d.com
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Thanks for the info. I checked out the Addiction and I will have to do some more research on it.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
The more I read about getting into 3d, the more I find peoplE talking about getting a foamie 3d aircraft like the Carbon Z Yak. All of my exPerience come from flying foam lIke my T-28. Is there any validity to this?
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:38 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,145 Posts
YESSS YESS YESS YES YES!!

EPP foam is the shiz for learning...unless you have nothing but time and money to throw away.

I would stay away from the carbon z and look for something that hardcore 3d guys are flying. Something a bit more repairable if it takes a dive like any twisted hobbys or any good flat style foamy.

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/

Anything made from EPP if you plan on getting close to the deck as it won't break too easily.

I make my own out of depron from a design that was around a while ago and they fly phenominally but it's a bit more work. Luckily my HS supplies everything.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373243
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Jul 03, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:39 AM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
YESSS YESS YESS YES YES!!

EPP foam is the shiz for learning...unless you have nothing but time and money to throw away.

I would stay away from the carbon z and look for something that hardcore 3d guys are flying. Something a bit more repairable if it takes a dive like any twisted hobbys or any good flat style foamy.

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/

Anything made from EPP if you plan on getting close to the deck as it won't break too easily.

I make my own out of depron from a design that was around a while ago and they fly phenominally but it's a bit more work. Luckily my HS supplies everything.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373243
I just checked out the Telink 44" EPP Extra Slick and think it might be a little cheaper and easier to learn on. Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Well I got a PA Extra MX from a buddy in my reserve unit that is leaving the country on a military deployment. All I need is an ESC and I am wearing my internet out today looking for one. Thanks fo rthe info.