Joined Dec 2007
1,263 Posts
Looks good,leave the wings white
rrg is online now Find More Posts by rrg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
183 Posts
Well went to fly her tonight, and whhhhaaaa she wouldn't hardly get off the ground. Came down n busted the nose cone blahhhhhhhhhh. So turns out I guess I have fried another brushed motor. For some reason I have been going through these n going through these. Multiple esc's and such. So enough is enough I just ordered a t park 480 and a custom mount. Had enough it's brushless time. Already have a mystery esc and a few orange rx's. So should be good in a few weeks when it all comes in.
on1wheel01 is offline Find More Posts by on1wheel01
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
A park 480 will get that thing moving. Make sure it has some down and right thrust angle or she'll take off banking left. Say good bye to brushed forever after you taste the power of brushless!
Needs chrome spinners BTW, blang blang! Maybe some tuner stickers too, for horsepower
Stickers always add 10 knots at least!
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I like everything about your new plane. The wing will be fluorescent orange? Sorry about the crash.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
183 Posts
Yea I have tried brushless with a plane before (lost it but thats another story lol) it had horrible torque roll, when I would go full throttle it would just spin the whole plane. But I went with cheapo stuff that didn't fit together right. Maybe this time will be different. I also think my battery was damaged. When I plugged it back in the resistor popped on the end of the motor between the neg n pos terminals on the brushed motor, did it on multiple old motors I have. So threw the batt away after cutting the connectors off.
Oh and the wing is yellow on top yellow with white stripes on bottom. Thats my spare wing. My good non beat up wing is in process of modding for ailerons. And will paint it at a later time
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
183 Posts
Welp the aluminum motor mount from custom rc mounts came in yesterday. was very fast shipping. Now waiting on the motor, and we shall get her into action. I plan to use a orange rx, though I don't have the sat part. Do you guys recommend getting it? I do like to get her a good distance away
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
183 Posts
Ok guys motor and motor mount are here. Only problem is now I need a esc, I have 2 brand new mystery cloud-60a but I cannot get either to turn the receiver on, I have 2 cloud 20A esc's and they will come on but I figure that they won't be enough for the motor... Amn I correct in assuming this?

Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:59 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by on1wheel01 View Post
Ok guys motor and motor mount are here. Only problem is now I need a esc, I have 2 brand new mystery cloud-60a but I cannot get either to turn the receiver on, I have 2 cloud 20A esc's and they will come on but I figure that they won't be enough for the motor... Amn I correct in assuming this?
what prop will you be using?
That mystery isn't turning on rx because it has no BEC. You'll need a external bec
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
183 Posts
It's a 10x7e