SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
GoPro is just good at selling the Hero2 with fake specs. Did they meanwhile remove the missing FOV modes from their webpage? Or did they implement them meanwhile in a new firmware? The latter definitely not (I checked a couple of days ago). The Hero2 is completely over-hyped.

If Sony is serious (and they seem to be again after some not so good years) they'll crush that GoPro junk in no time. Just look at their new camcorders with that awesome optical stabilisation. Finally CMOS becoming useful for AV (unless in a GoPro)
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:03 AM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Nov 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen09 View Post
Yes, and the ridiculous price will be the main point to keep you away
I agree! Won't be close to $299.00.

John
thehatguy is offline Find More Posts by thehatguy
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:18 AM
Off my horse
Joined Apr 2011
273 Posts
Will the Sony withstand shock? Will you be screwed 90 days out like I have been with other Sony products when they stop working?
My GoPro has withstood some pretty major crashes. Eventually I crashed it so hard that I knocked a spring out of one of the buttons and it ceased to function properly. I sent it back and got a brand new camera 5 days later. With GoPro you are not only buying a ridiculously tough camera, you are buying a very high level of support and a great warranty.
empire007 is offline Find More Posts by empire007
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:24 AM
Deutschland
Joined Jul 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
If Sony is serious (and they seem to be again after some not so good years) they'll crush that GoPro junk in no time. Just look at their new camcorders with that awesome optical stabilisation. Finally CMOS becoming useful for AV (unless in a GoPro)
You mean like the great firmware-updates and stuff you got for your sony-products ???
And optical stabilisation might get a problem in high-freq vibrations you experience on a quad...

I won´t start celebrating until sony proofs they´re serious, exceeding their shiny marketing-stuff.
I would be happily suprised, as this isn´t a big volume market like consumer-cams...
ncaadodge is offline Find More Posts by ncaadodge
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:25 AM
USA, TX, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2004
1,365 Posts
If Vimeo and U-Tube can be considered voting ballots, GoPro is more than holding their place in the election...........anyone who isn't happy with their GP's, just kindly send them to me!
txflyboys2 is offline Find More Posts by txflyboys2
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Dec 2009
8 Posts
I have been burned so many times by Sony products.
El Hefe is offline Find More Posts by El Hefe
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:47 AM
mmm... wings....
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined May 2004
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Hefe View Post
I have been burned so many times by Sony products.
Plus one...
I have fell for Sony more then once. Each time I say "never again."
Sony is like the kid at the park that doesn't play well with others.
zagiace is offline Find More Posts by zagiace
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
364 Posts
Im FPV with what I already have.... Sony HDR-CX150 16GB High Definition Handycam Camcorder. with video out. 265gr...kinda heavy compare to GoPro. So I don't know...do I need to upgrade?
man1024 is offline Find More Posts by man1024
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
710 Posts
the only thing that will make it or break it for me is whether the lens is rectilinear (ie not fisheye). gopro is great but the distortion has to go (at least for AP). otherwise it's great for skateboarders and cramped quarters.
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Feb 2012
820 Posts
Looks interesting. More competition in the market is a good thing.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
It seems to be pretty small.

And will use SD cards, more pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/27/s...-cam-hands-on/

I assume its probably going to be like their bloggie line with 1080p/30 and 720p/60 mp4 recording.

They do mention things like the Exmor R sensor, which supposedly has better low light sensitivity and Carl Zeiss lens which hopefully means it wont have the pronounced fishbowl effect like some other action cameras.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:06 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
Will be interesting to see how they do, but the only Sony product i will ever own is the Playstation, their warranty helpdesk is awful and their products break far to quickly ( i had 3 PS2's).
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
820 Posts
Between the pictures on the blog and the pictures from Engadget there is no sign of an AV Out. Theres no USB port either which is strange.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Notice the lid on the backside...
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
Are you kidding me, how can Sony Exmor R sensor without 1080 60p now a day..
If this is true, nothing will excited me to buy at all, I believe most of us will still go for gopro2...
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken