SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:58 PM
Electrocuted
SW Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
240 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone mounted an Apple touch to their DX8?

Has anyone mounted an Apple Touch to their DX8? Maybe something that could clip to the base of the antenna
RC_AVIGATOR is offline Find More Posts by RC_AVIGATOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:25 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,478 Posts
Ive been looking for something that would fit that bill.Ive looked at all kind of iPod/Phone accessories and havent seem anything thats not some big huge contraption.I did have an idea I havent had a chance to try yet though.
There are the holder things like for a removable showerhead.Like a plastic thing that holds the round base and it has a flatspot and a stickon base.I think one of those might work.I guess Ill have to take my radio and iPod into home depot and find out.I guess you could use velcro so that big clunky thing wasnt permanently stuck to your Pod or Phone.

Maybe someone has found something better.Lots of ppl starting to use STi.Need to come up with something simple.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:38 PM
Electrocuted
SW Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
240 Posts
getting closer
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:44 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,478 Posts
What is it? A conceptual drawing?
Looks like something that should work something like what we are looking for.
It does need a large enough flat base part so there can be enough velcro to reliably stay stuck to the iDevice.Permanently sticking a big clunky thing to the back of my Phone isnt appealing.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:29 PM
Electrocuted
SW Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
240 Posts
I'd keep it attached to my old Touch

http://www.richco-inc.com/products/c...&grpcode=H1110
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:55 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,478 Posts
Very good.Please let us know how it works out.Im guessing by looking at it that you could use the sticky pad to stick to a larger area plate of some kind and then put a larger area piece of velcro for the iDevice itself.It kind of hard to get a grasp of the whole size of it in a pic.Might be able to just replace the sticky pad itself with velcro.
Or like you say if its not a big deal to you just leave the whole thing kind of permanently stuck to the Touch.
Ive been using my phone with it lately so I wouldnt go that route.Id want velcro.It is a start to finding some off the shelf ways to attach it to the radio though.
Good find.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:32 PM
Electrocuted
SW Louisiana
Joined Jun 2002
240 Posts
I'm now thing about ataching it to a case/cover for easy removal.