HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RTF Thumper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:56 AM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Discussion
Dont Fear the Reaper

some easy night flying, what a fantastic plane from Crash Test Hobbies.
Dont Fear The Reaper (5 min 52 sec)
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:37 AM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Thump:

She flies very nicely. What power setup do you have in her? I have the Titan dressed up as a night flyer with the 1700kv motor, but I was thinking of building another night flyer based on the Reaper airframe.

Rob

Edit: whoops. those pics were huge...didn't want to "hog your blog", so I moved them to the night flying thread if you are interested.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1296
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Last edited by Bombay; Jul 01, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:08 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Sweet Titan hope to see a Vid of her up and screaming.
As far as my setup I bought a brown bag from Insane planes. 1400 KV 9x3.6 prop on a 3s 2200 mha with the 36 amp ESC. How much of a improvment could a 4s battery provide?
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:16 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
How much of a improvment could a 4s battery provide?
I am sure she would pick up the pace on 4s. She would probably handle differently too with a smaller prop.

Are you running your leds directly off of the flight pack? If so, that is another thing to consider.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
I am sure she would pick up the pace on 4s. She would probably handle differently too with a smaller prop.

Are you running your leds directly off of the flight pack? If so, that is another thing to consider.
Yes the leds are right off the battery balance port. I put mg 90 servos on her and they stalled out at any power above 3/4 so I moved the push rods in on the servo as a temp fix untill the hi tec servos get here. I need the throws back to fly hard in combat.