HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:45 AM
Brakes? Who Needs Brakes?
United States, WV
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
Discussion
Navigation Lights for Heli... HELP!

I understand that there may already be a thread somewhere for this but after trying to search
for one (which took forever), I gave up and am posting here.

I am not really new to LED soldering and such but I am with the RC Heli's.

I bought a DH9104 (Double Horse 9104) and it comes with One LED in the front underside
but there is a place for a second one on the pc board. I put a single LED in the slot that alternates
Red/Blue for the tail but I don't want that one to be permanent.

Strangest thing is, even the one that comes already hooked up does not have a resistor -- I can
not see any on the board but I am assuming there must be. Usually, an LED has a resistor
soldered to the POS Lead then to the wire ... neither of these have one.

Anyhow, I would like to get a good set and was looking at these --

GT Power Simulated LED Lighting System
(Only problem here is this one is "Input voltage: 4V-6V" and the DH9104 is 7.4v)

And

Aviation Power Light (LED) Scale Lighting System
(I think I saw this one somewhere else that said "Input voltage up to 9v")

But I need some help on this one -- It appears that there is a connector on each of these sets but
they are not the same as what is on the board.

My question is... How can I hook either of these up the my DH9104 without having to carry extra
"Battery" weight like a 9v battery?

And, if they are talking about plugging lights like these into "Servo ports" -- the DH9104 only has
One servo and there are not "ports" on it that anything can plug into.

If nothing else... can someone who is versed in LED soldering/creation help me by letting me know
what I would need for a set that has:

1) 1 Blinking Red Tail-end LED
2) 1 Solid Red Tail-boom LED
3) 1 Strobe White LED (back/top of heli at Tail/body joint) blinks 2 x per sec
(This one is not absolutely necessary but would make it more realistic.)
4) 1 Solid Green (right - starboard)
5) 1 Solid Red (left - port)
6) Perhaps a brighter landing light (to replace the one there)

Also, what resistors would I need, etc... and what would I need to put a Remote Switch where
the little slider switch is under the throttle on the controller (if possible).
This way, I can leave them off during the day and turn them on as it gets dark while flying.

I have tested some LED's I have and they work on a 9v just fine without any resistor added but
the more lights I add, the more each will take power from the next and once I have all my lights
strung on the battery, they are fairly dim...

I need to resolve this and have them all work from the Heli but not take much power so it doesn't
kill my battery much faster.

How on earth can I do this ?

Thanks In Advance
jspcrepair is offline Find More Posts by jspcrepair
to remove ads between posts