SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2001, 10:36 PM
Missoula, MT
Joined Oct 2001
420 Posts
Hitec Focus 3 FM question

I've seen pictures of this unit at several retail sites. Where's the throttle control? I'm getting one so I will have a transmitter of my own and I won't have to borrow my son's anymore. If you use one, any comments good or bad?
sky guy is offline Find More Posts by sky guy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2001, 10:52 PM
Now with more COWBELL!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Mar 2001
804 Posts
I have three, two are AM and one's FM. They all work very well for me. I like their simplicity for my slowflyers.

The throttle's a slider on the back, up near the antenna.

HTH
Steve S.
U2Steve is offline Find More Posts by U2Steve
Old Nov 09, 2001, 11:15 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
I have the SS. I use it for the Tiger Moth and the Zagi. I use the Focus 4 for everyting else. (Sunnyboy, Mini Max Stik, Lite Stik, etc.)
The SS has worked great!
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Nov 10, 2001, 10:17 AM
San Fransisco,Ca,Usa
Joined Aug 2001
86 Posts
Go to hobby lobby and kick down the extra 30$ for the focus 4. You know your gonna want that extra channel.I bought the focus 4 with the feather rx and 2 hs-55's (my first radio) and have had no problems at all The feather rx has been glich free. LOVE IT!
The one thing that bothers me is that the 3 channel has elevon and v-tail mixing the 4 doesn't.
That's my 1/2 cent
Thomas
Thomas vogel is offline Find More Posts by Thomas vogel
Old Nov 10, 2001, 10:46 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
GWS FM4 ch TX cooming soon!:)

GWS FM4 ch TX cooming soon!

Our transmitter will be using an Enjoy Toy TX ( look a little similar to Futaba Attack 4 CH TX out side ), with GWS very perfessional RF technology, this transimmiter consumming very little current about 90mA at 9.6V. Under FCC approval Lab test, will be in USA soon. ( Most other take much more current and waste energy with too many side band radiation! )

I wish those other famous makers will not copy or ref too much from GWS TX. This TX will be produced in Taiwan to secure high quality standard.

But if other makers dare to XCOPY, GWS will fight back with option choice.

Check GWS new web of latest production up date

http://www.gws.com.tw
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Nov 10, 2001, 03:53 PM
Dallas,TX
Joined Jul 2001
1,656 Posts
Mr. Lin,
that sounds great about the transmitter but what about the new planes (A-10, zero, stearman) you've been promising? I think most US flyers would rather see the new planes and better availability on parts before GWS worries about a new transmitter.

I've been trying to find a 370B geared motor for over a month now with no luck. Also been looking forward to buying the A-10 ducted fan for a while and still no luck.

I see lots of new product releases are due out from Wattage this month (crazy-max3D, crazy 8 ARF, CAP 232 ARF). I predict you will lose alot of Christmas sales if you don't get your new releases out by the end of November.
mattk17 is offline Find More Posts by mattk17