HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WAGliderGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:17 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,988 Posts
Discussion
NASA's Super Guppy at Boeing Field

Saw the Super Guppy land at Boeing Field today. I wish I brought my HD camera but I am sure there are plenty of videos on YouTube (there was a ton of people there).

This plane looks so bizarre especially in person! I wanted to stay and watch them open the front up but they needed to refuel it first so it wolden't tip over and that takes awhile. I took some hipster shots from my phone

Took some video too:

NASA Super Guppy, Boeing Field (0 min 37 sec)

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Last edited by WAGliderGuy; Jun 30, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,111 Posts
thats awesome! always wanted to see that thing fly. Looks almost unreal.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shooting my AR pistol
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:05 PM
Airliner Builder
Joined Feb 2010
1,988 Posts
Haha yes it was very strange indeed!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:52 AM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
A while back I toured this one on the ramp in PHL where I work. They had loaded a shrink-wrapped V-22 Osprey fresh from Boeing's plant down the road. Crew was great, let us crawl around inside and gave us NASA shoulder patches. It was January and they were just waiting for the morning sun to melt the frost off the wings... No de-ice fluid allowed because of the fabric control surfaces!
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Last edited by BladeHead; Sep 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined Sep 2006
795 Posts
WAgliderguy excellent photos I took almost the exact same ones! I need to see If im in the video you took. I had a radio on me when it flew in someone else in the air at the time asked what a super guppy was it made me laugh.
b36roxs is offline Find More Posts by b36roxs
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:56 PM
Airliner Builder
Joined Feb 2010
1,988 Posts
Very cool!! Your 787 shot is almost exactly the same as mine I have yet to go check out The Shuttle sim at the museum, sounds like something to take the family to this summer You fly at Marymoor on the eastside?

Ethan
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:27 PM
Joined Sep 2006
795 Posts
I just put them side by side thats nuts! I stuck around all day when they opened it up I got up the stairs they had set up and took pictures of the cargo bay. I got up close and personal with the T-38 that was there as well. I'm in the south sound puyallup area I do fly with the Seattle Area Soaring Society when I have the gas though (it's been awhile) I have been to Marrymoor before its a very nice flying site.
b36roxs is offline Find More Posts by b36roxs