SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by HugoCraft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,893 Posts
Discussion
Blade 130x Failure in Flight then CRASH!

This is my 5th flight on the new Blade 130-x but the first flight with the high performance blades without the weighted bullets. It has never been crashed or dropped at all. Basically only 5 flights without any damage or problems.

Toward the end of the flight you can see it started to piro all of a sudden and I pegged the rudder the right/oppposite of the rotation with no reponse. I even wiggled the rudder before it hit and still no reaction. After it hit I noticed one of the tail blades was gone but the bolt holding it was still there. I couldn't find the blade at all and I searched near by the crash site. I think it shot the tail blade then it started to piro and there was nothing I could do. I tried to keep it at zero pitch and hit throttle hold. One grip had the ball break off at the end but the link was still atttached to the swashplate. That could of gone first but I doubt it since the blades looked fine upon impact and the link easily gets binded with only one end attached to swashplate.

Earlier I lost half or one of the canopy mounts that holds the canopy by walking the helicopter from the truck to the bench without the canopy on. So make sure your canopy mounts are secure to the cf rod and not loose! So far the parts I need is new main blade grips, tail blades, and canopy rod.

I guess I need to contact Horizon but they will want me to mail the entire helicopter to them I bet.

Blade 130x Failure in Flight then CRASH! (2 min 48 sec)

edit: also the pin on the bottom of the tail pitch slider broke completely off and is gone. That could of failed in flight then caused the uncontrolled piro.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Last edited by HugoCraft; Jul 03, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:02 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,893 Posts

HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft