HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:42 PM
Norway
Joined Oct 2003
115 Posts
Can someone take a look at this draft/plan for me?

(EDIT: Unfortunately the .dxf is too large to post. Please e-mail me for the file: bbenum@hotmail.com)

I would appreciate it if someone can comment on a plan I'm doing. I'm looking for weak points, choice of materials, lightening tips and any other tips for that matter.

I also need some help with designing the cowling, and choosing a construction method for it.

Finally I would like some comments on how to determine the CG and how to calculate weight in order to design in the RC gear.

This is my first attempt at drawing a complete plan so I'm looking forward to getting some help!

The subject is a Hawker Tempest V.
It will be powered by a GWS 350 motor, and will run on 7 cell CBP 650 pack or Li-Polys.

I want to try it with the new GWS retracts, but I'll save that for the second prototype.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make the tailwheel retract in a lightweight way I'm all ears!

Thanks a bunch!
Spiteful
Spiteful is offline Find More Posts by Spiteful
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2003, 06:08 AM
Norway
Joined Oct 2003
115 Posts
Mooving this!

I've mooved this to the "Scale" forum.
Moderator: Please delete this thread!
Spiteful is offline Find More Posts by Spiteful