HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:29 AM
EFD
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
SPAD Wasp, a Gnat variant.

Hey Guys, just wanted to show off my heavily spliced SPAD Gnat rechristened Wasp(Owing to its colour theme...) It's already crashed once but I hope to have it up and running soon!

You can see it first as a Gnat... I took it to my local Hobby club and they told me I'd got the Control horns in the wrong place so I remade the ailerons(It's my first build by the way...). I shaped them differently, for style then upgraded the Landing gear as well. after the crash, you can see that I replaced the shattered Hyperion motor with a Thunder Tiger Ripper motor. I even made an instructable on my build, check it out, it got featured!

http://www.instructables.com/id/An-Introduction/

(I had initially named it 'Drone' after the Male Bee but it was too cliched so I decided on 'Wasp' instead...)
EFD is offline Find More Posts by EFD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:12 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
Good job EFD!
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:57 AM
Envies his own avatar
Albuquerque, NM
Joined May 2008
598 Posts
Nicely done and an excellent Instructable!
rockyabq is offline Find More Posts by rockyabq
RCG Plus Member